As teams finish their final week of preparation before the 2019-20 season, there will likely be several transactions around the league. As always, we’ll keep track of all those moves right here:
- All of the players from yesterday have cleared waivers and can be assigned to the minor leagues.
- The Columbus Blue Jackets have sent ten players back to the minor leagues, returning Paul Bittner, Zac Dalpe, Nathan Gerbe, Markus Hannikainen, Nikita Korostelev, Kole Sherwood, Kevin Stenlund, Gabriel Carlsson, Anton Karlsson and Veini Vehvilainen. All ten had previously been cut from the training camp roster but were recalled to play in a preseason game last night.
- The Arizona Coyotes have recalled Ivan Prosvetov from the AHL, giving them another goaltender in camp ahead of their final two preseason games. Prosvetov had already been cut and sent to the Tucson Roadrunners, and is an unlikely candidate for an NHL role this year.
- The Toronto Maple Leafs have returned Kasimir Kaskisuo to the AHL after he helped fill in as an extra goaltender in training camp recently. The Maple Leafs had decided to cut ties with Michal Neuvirth after he continued to be held off the ice with minor injuries, and needed the previously assigned Kaskisuo to help out. It’s unclear where his role lies with the organization at this point, given the presence of other young goaltenders in the system.
- The Calgary Flames have recalled eight players to help fill out their roster for tonight, bringing up Byron Froese, Justin Kirkland, Andrew Nielsen, Matthew Phillips, Luke Philp, Buddy Robinson, Rinat Valiev and Artyom Zagidulin. These players have already been cut from training camp, but will help finish out the preseason.