The entire hockey world is waiting with bated breath to hear an official update on Jay Bouwmeester’s status after a cardiac incident during last night’s St. Louis Blues game. GM Doug Armstrong will speak on the matter later this afternoon, but for now the rest of the league will have to move on with preparations for their own games. As always, we will keep track of all the minor moves right here.
- Before the game in question between the Blues and Anaheim Ducks started, Josh Mahura was sent back to the AHL. The young Ducks defenseman has split his time between the NHL and AHL this season, scoring four points in 11 contests with Anaheim.
- The Columbus Blue Jackets have recalled Gabriel Carlsson from the minor leagues, giving them another defensive option with Seth Jones sidelined for two months. Carlsson has played six games for the Blue Jackets this season, instead spending most of his year with the Cleveland Monsters where he has 12 points in 40 contests.
- The Boston Bruins have called up Jeremy Lauzon, but he won’t be playing tonight for them. Lauzon still has a game to serve on his suspension from earlier this month, despite going down to the minor leagues recently.
- Andrei Chibisov has been returned to the AHL by the Winnipeg Jets, after the team lost to the New York Rangers last night. Chibisov didn’t play, and is still waiting for his first opportunity in the NHL.
- Carl Grundstrom is on his way back to the AHL, with Martin Frk taking his place on the Los Angeles Kings roster. Frk, 26, has 23 goals in 37 games with the Ontario Reign and set the all-time North American hardest shot record at the AHL All-Star Game with a 109.2 mph blast.
- With Bouwmeester placed on injured reserve, the Blues have recalled Niko Mikkola from the minor leagues. There’s no telling how long Bouwmeester will be out, meaning Mikkola may have a large opportunity to establish himself.
- The Edmonton Oilers have placed James Neal on injured reserve as well, recalling Tyler Benson to take his spot on the roster. Neal’s IR stint it retroactive to January 30th, meaning he can be activated whenever ready to return.