As teams finish their final week of preparation before the 2019-20 season, there will likely be several transactions around the league. As always, we’ll keep track of all those moves right here:
- All of the players from yesterday have cleared waivers and can now be assigned to the minor leagues.
- The Nashville Predators have recalled eight players before their preseason finale against the Carolina Hurricanes. Rem Pitlick, Anthony Richard, Eeli Tolvanen, Yakov Trenin, Josh Wilkins, Alexandre Carrier, Jeremy Davies and Ken Appleby have all been called up for the time being, though they had already been cut from the roster and will likely not open the season with Nashville.
- The Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins have signed Steven Oleksy to a professional tryout, bringing in the familiar face for a chance at an AHL contract. Oleksy played two seasons with Wilkes-Barre/Scranton and wore an “A” as an alternate captain during his time there.
- The Calgary Flames have returned the same eight players they recalled yesterday to the AHL, along with Jon Gillies who cleared waivers earlier today. These players had already been cut from the training camp roster, but filled in for the team as they continued the preseason.
- The Chicago Blackhawks have recalled 18 players from the AHL for tomorrow’s game against the Boston Bruins. Among them are several names that will continue to try and land NHL jobs throughout the season and some more veteran minor league players. This group will be sent back down before the start of the season.