As is usually the case, Saturday is a busy day in the NHL with a dozen games on the calendar which means there should be plenty of roster movement throughout the day. We’ll keep track of those moves here.
- The Maple Leafs announced (Twitter link) that they’ve assigned defenseman Teemu Kivihalme to AHL Toronto. The 24-year-old had spent the last few days as injury insurance but will return to the minors to get some playing time. He has seven points in 28 AHL games so far this season.
- The Wild have recalled defenseman Louis Belpedio per a team release. Belpedio has played in 35 games with AHL Iowa this season, recording 13 points. With Nick Seeler going on a conditioning stint yesterday, Belpedio will likely serve as the seventh defenseman with Minnesota until he returns.
- The Devils announced (via Twitter) that they’ve recalled center Ben Street from AHL Binghamton. His presence is needed with winger Jesper Bratt and center Jack Hughes both out for today’s game against Colorado. Street has been productive in the minors this season with 33 points in as many games.
- The Penguins announced that they’ve recalled goalie Emil Larmi from Wheeling of the ECHL. Casey DeSmith was originally supposed to serve as the backup in Montreal tonight but was unable to locate his passport so they had to change their plans. Thomas DiPauli has also been recalled for the third time in two weeks and he’ll once again serve as injury insurance.
- Joel Kiviranta is back on his way to the minors as the Stars announced (Twitter link) that he has been loaned back to AHL Texas. Dallas is off until Wednesday so this will be an opportunity for him to get in some game action.
- The Blackhawks announced (via Twitter) that they’ve recalled goaltender Kevin Lankinen on an emergency basis from AHL Rockford. He’s taking the place of Robin Lehner who is dealing with a right knee injury. Corey Crawford will take over as the starter in Lehner’s absence.
- With Anthony Duclair’s availability for tonight in question, Postmedia’s Bruce Garrioch notes (Twitter link) that winger Drake Batherson has been recalled from AHL Belleville. Batherson leads the AHL in scoring so far this season with 41 points in 33 games.
- The Ducks appear to have made a pair of recalls as Eric Stephens of The Athletic reports (Twitter link) that wingers Daniel Sprong and Kiefer Sherwood are at practice. Ondrej Kase and Korbinian Holzer are not participating in the skate.