With 26 teams in action today, there will likely be plenty of roster shuffling around the league. Here’s where we’ll keep tabs on those moves.
- As expected, the Stars have recalled a goaltender to take Ben Bishop’s spot on the roster, summoning Landon Bow from AHL Texas, per the AHL’s transactions page. The 22-year-old has yet to play at the NHL level but has been a regular in the AHL this season, posting a 2.81 GAA with a .905 SV% in 28 appearances this season.
- The Blue Jackets announced (Twitter link) that they have recalled defenseman Cameron Gaunce from Cleveland of the AHL. He has two goals and ten assists in 36 minor league games so far this season and gives them some more depth with Ryan Murray still injured.
- The Penguins have recalled winger Zach Aston-Reese from AHL Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, per a team release. Aston-Reese was highly sought after in college free agency last season and is off to a good start to his first full professional season with 29 points (9-20-29) in 41 games. To make room for him on the roster, winger Conor Sheary has been placed on injured reserve.
- The Bruins announced that they have summoned winger Austin Czarnik from Providence (AHL) on an emergency basis. The diminutive forward has been very productive in the minors so far this season as he sits tied for sixth in league scoring with 42 points (13-29-42) in 38 games.
- The Buffalo Sabres have assigned forward Nicholas Baptiste back to the Rochester Americans of the AHL, according to NHL.com’s Joe Yerdon. The 22-year-old was called up on Jan. 19 and played four games for the Sabres. He scored his first NHL goal on that stint with a goal last week against Vancouver. He likely was sent down as the team is ready to activate defenseman Nathan Beaulieu off of injured reserve. Beaulieu has been on IR since Jan. 23.