Just one more day of a limited NHL schedule until things get back to normal, but there are still three games to look forward to tonight. Perhaps the most interesting battle will be when the Columbus Blue Jackets travel to frigid Winnipeg to take on the Jets in a battle of Stanley Cup contenders. As always, we’ll keep track of all the minor moves around the league right here.
- As expected, the New Jersey Devils have brought Mackenzie Blackwood back to the NHL. Blackwood has been recalled from the minor leagues while Cam Johnson, who was up over the break, will be sent back down. Blackwood was given the opportunity to play in the AHL All-Star game over the weekend, but will be back up with the Devils down the stretch.
- Devon Toews and Michael Dal Colle are both on their way back up from the Bridgeport Sound Tigers. The pair of top prospects will rejoin the New York Islanders as they attempt to make it back to the playoffs this season. Dal Colle is finally getting his chance to show what he can do at the NHL level after struggling since his fifth-overall selection in 2014.
- Mackenzie MacEachern has been recalled by the St. Louis Blues, but surprising Sammy Blais is not coming with him. That suggests that Robert Thomas is close to returning for the Blues, who take on the Blue Jackets Saturday night.
- The Carolina Hurricanes have recalled Haydn Fleury once again, though that doesn’t necessarily mean they’re trading a defenseman. Fleury has spent much of the season in the press box for the Hurricanes, sitting as an extra behind their deep blue line. The 22-year old has also dealt with injury, but has now suited up just 25 times between the NHL and AHL this season.
- Michael Amadio has been recalled by the Los Angeles Kings, giving the team 23 players again as they prepare for action against Islanders on Saturday night. Amadio has just four points in 28 games with the Kings this season. The team has also recalled Sean Walker and Austin Wagner once again.
- The Montreal Canadiens have recalled Karl Alzner once again, bringing up the veteran defenseman in time for their weekend action against the Devils and Oilers. Alzner has suited up just nine times for the Canadiens this season, after seeing his eight-season iron man streak end at the beginning of the year.
- Colin Blackwell is back with the Nashville Predators and looking for a chance to get some more NHL action under his belt. The 25-year old has played in three games for the team this season but hasn’t been able to record a single point so far.
- Jake Dotchin has been sent back down to the AHL by the Anaheim Ducks, as the team has recalled Jaycob Megna. Dotchin hasn’t been able to establish himself as a full-time option for Anaheim yet this season, playing just 20 NHL contests.
- The Arizona Coyotes have recalled Kyle Capobianco from the minor leagues, likely as insurance for a banged up Oliver Ekman-Larsson. Capobianco has 32 points in 40 games for the Tucson Roadrunners but has played just a single contest for the Coyotes in his NHL career.