The bye weeks are now over which means an uptick in games across the league. Saturday is typically a busy day around the NHL but with 28 teams in action today, it’s even busier than normal. There should be plenty of roster movement as a result which we’ll keep tabs on here.
- The Blue Jackets announced the recall of defenseman Andrew Peeke from AHL Cleveland. They had just six healthy blueliners on their roster so the 21-year-old will likely serve as injury insurance for the time being. He has one assist in seven games with Columbus so far this season while averaging 12:27 per game.
- Late Friday, the Golden Knights made a pair of roster moves, per team releases. They returned goalie Oscar Dansk to Chicago of the AHL which comes as no surprise now that Marc-Andre Fleury has served his one-game suspension for withdrawing from the All-Star Game. The other was the recall of defenseman Zach Whitecloud. He played one game with Vegas in 2018 after signing with them but since then has played exclusively with the Wolves, where he has two goals and five assists in 35 games this season.
- With Oliver Ekman-Larsson leaving Thursday’s game with an injury, the Coyotes announced that they have recalled defenseman Kyle Capobianco from AHL Tucson. The 22-year-old has played in eight games with Arizona this season but has spent most of the year with the Roadrunners where he has been quite productive with 21 points in 26 games.
- The Detroit Red Wings announced they have activated goaltender Jonathan Bernier off of injured reserve and as a result, have assigned Calvin Pickard back to the Grand Rapids Griffins of the AHL. Bernier has been out of the Detroit lineup since Jan. 10 with a lower-body injury. Pickard has appeared in three games for Detroit and struggled immensely, posting a .797 save percentage.
- CapFriendly reports that the San Jose Sharks have recalled forward Maxim Letunov from the San Jose Barracuda of the AHL. The 23-year-old has fared well this year in the AHL already passing his points total from last year. He has 10 goals and 30 points in 39 games.
- The Pittsburgh Penguins announced they have recalled forward Sam Lafferty from the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins of the AHL. The 24-year-old has already appeared in 36 games with Pittsburgh, scoring four goals and 10 points. He was returned to the AHL, where he has had three goals in six games.