Ten games grace the NHL schedule this evening, including a couple of potential playoff previews. The Boston Bruins and Tampa Bay Lightning will battle once again as they look to represent the Atlantic Division, while the Edmonton Oilers and Dallas Stars face off in a war of two teams that believe they’re contenders in the west. With just a month left, every game is important for those with Stanley Cup aspirations. As always, we’ll keep track of all the minor moves right here.
- The Detroit Red Wings have sent Dennis Cholowski back to the minor leagues, after he played just 12 minutes last night. The 21-year old could be back up by the end of the week, as the Red Wings don’t play again until Friday evening. The Grand Rapids Griffins meanwhile play in San Antonio tonight.
- Jake Oettinger has been recalled by the Dallas Stars under emergency conditions with Ben Bishop dealing with a minor injury. The 21-year old netminder has never previously been recalled, and has played the entire season in the minor leagues posting a 12-16-4 record with a .912 save percentage.
- Anthony Angello has been recalled by the Pittsburgh Penguins under emergency conditions, giving them another body for their game against the Ottawa Senators. The 23-year old has played seven NHL games this season.
- The Vancouver Canucks have recalled Guillaume Brisebois and Jalen Chatfield under emergency conditions, while assigning Justin Bailey to the minor leagues. The Canucks are back home tomorrow to welcome in the Arizona Coyotes for the first of a five-game home stand.
- Chris Driedger is back with the Florida Panthers after his recent conditioning stint in the minor leagues. The 25-year old goaltender has actually been outstanding in his limited NHL appearances, posting a .932 save percentage on the year.