As is often the case on a Saturday, it’s a busy day in the NHL with 24 teams in action including a matchup of the only two teams that have yet to lose in regulation this season in Carolina and Florida. We’ll keep track of today’s roster movement here.
- The Maple Leafs announced (Twitter link) that they’ve recalled goaltender Joseph Woll from AHL Toronto. Petr Mrazek did not take part in Toronto’s morning skate today and Woll will be backing up Jack Campbell tonight.
- The Panthers announced (Twitter link) that they’ve brought up goaltender Christopher Gibson from AHL Charlotte. Sergei Bobrovsky left Thursday’s victory over Washington with an upper-body injury and it appears he won’t be able to dress against Carolina tonight.
- The Sabres have also recalled a goalie as they’ve brought up Aaron Dell per a team release. The move suggests that one of their netminders won’t be able to suit up tonight versus Detroit. To make room on the roster, forward Brett Murray was sent down to AHL Rochester.
- With Tyler Ennis out due to a non-COVID illness, the Senators announced (Twitter link) that they’ve recalled Parker Kelly from AHL Belleville. The 22-year-old played in four games with Ottawa last month, logging nearly minutes per game on the fourth line.
- The Tampa Bay Lightning re-assigned defenseman Andrej Sustr to the Syracuse Crunch, per The Athletic’s Joe Smith. Sustr has just a goal in eight games this season, averaging 10:35 per night. The move leaves Tampa with no extra defensemen on the roster, signaling that the injured Zach Bogosian could be close to a return.
- The Capitals announced that they’ve sent Aliaksei Protas back to Hershey of the AHL. The center was only recalled just yesterday to serve as an extra forward but with the Bears in action tonight, he’ll go back down while Washington will only carry 12 forwards on the active roster for their game against Philadelphia.
- The Devils have placed defenseman Christian Jaros on IR, freeing up a roster spot for them to recall Colton White from Utica. White played in a pair of games after breaking camp with New Jersey before being sent down last month when Ty Smith was activated. As for Jaros, he has played in two games with the Devils this season after being acquired in July from San Jose.
- CapFriendly reports the New York Rangers assigned Greg McKegg to Hartford, making room for Ryan Reaves on the active roster as he was activated from injured reserve today. McKegg has been held without a point in eight games this season.
- After playing in his first game of the season on Friday, Blackhawks defenseman Nicolas Beaudin is headed back to AHL Rockford, per a team release. The 2018 first-rounder has played in 21 career NHL contests and has been productive in limited minor league action between last season and the start of 2021-22 with 13 points in 14 games with the IceHogs.
- The Sharks have recalled forward Joel Kellman from the Barracuda, the team announced (Twitter link). The 27-year-old was up earlier in the week on an emergency recall although he didn’t suit up. It could be a similar scenario this time around although San Jose still has several players in COVID protocol with no changes being made on that front today.
- The Ducks have recalled center Mason McTavish from his conditioning stint along with defenseman Simon Benoit, per the AHL’s transactions log. McTavish had a goal and an assist in three games with the Gulls as he worked his way back from a lower-body injury. Goaltender Lukas Dostal was sent down to San Diego in a corresponding move after serving as the backup last night.
- The Golden Knights announced (Twitter link) that they’ve brought up forward Paul Cotter from AHL Henderson. The 21-year-old has yet to play in the NHL and has two goals in eight games with the Silver Knights this season.
This post will be updated throughout the day.