There has been plenty of roster movement between NHL teams and the taxi squad on a daily basis this season. Although some major names may be highlighted in separate articles, this is where you’ll find the majority of that shuffle news each day.
- The Vegas Golden Knights have recalled Patrick Brown and Logan Thompson to the taxi squad, now that they’re a day closer to getting back into action against the Anaheim Ducks. The team doesn’t have to play the game that they expected today after the latest league postponement.
- The Ottawa Senators have made several moves, not the least of which is bringing back Erik Brannstrom from the taxi squad. Matthew Peca will come with him, while Logan Brown backfills from the minor leagues. Derek Stepan, who was injured earlier this week, has been moved to IR.
- The Columbus Blue Jackets have recalled Emil Bemstrom from the taxi squad, while moving Zac Dalpe and Ryan MacInnis up from the minor leagues. Bemstrom, 21, went scoreless in his first five games this season.
- The Detroit Red Wings recalled both Mathias Brome and Danny DeKeyser from the taxi squad once again, this time moving Frans Nielsen down in their place. Nielsen, 36, hasn’t scored a goal yet this season in 19 games and has just 12 points in his last 79 contests for Detroit.
- The Dallas Stars have recalled Landon Bow from the taxi squad, meaning another goaltender may be getting the night completely off. The Stars are set to face the Florida Panthers this evening and Anton Khudobin has faced 94 shots over the last few days.
- Those Panthers have made their own moves, recalling Mason Marchment and Kevin Connauton from the taxi squad. Owen Tippett has been sent there in their place, while Grigori Denisenko is up from the AHL to fill the other spot.
- Ilya Samsonov has been recalled from the minor leagues to the taxi squad by the Washington Capitals, but Vitek Vanecek is expected to start tonight’s Capitals game.
- After losing Jason Zucker to injury, the Pittsburgh Penguins have recalled Josh Currie from the taxi squad. Anthony Angello has been added to the taxi squad, while Zucker was placed on injured reserve retroactive to February 23.
This page will be updated throughout the day.