There has been plenty of roster movement between NHL teams and the taxi squad on a daily basis this season. Although some major names may be highlighted in separate articles, this is where you’ll find the majority of that shuffle news each day.
- The Red Wings announced (Twitter link) that they’ve assigned defenseman Alex Biega to the taxi squad. Detroit recalled him for yesterday’s game against Florida but didn’t suit up. The 32-year-old has played just once so far this season.
- The Blue Jackets have recalled defenseman Gabriel Carlsson from the taxi squad, per a team release. The blueliner cleared waivers earlier this week but his presence on the roster is now needed with David Savard out for today’s game due to a non-COVID illness.
- The Dallas Stars have recalled Joel Kiviranta from the taxi squad, bringing up Rhett Gardner from the AHL in his place. The Stars haven’t played in a week and won’t be back in game action until Monday.
- The Canadiens announced (Twitter link) that they have recalled winger Michael Frolik to their taxi squad from AHL Laval. The veteran was sent down at the beginning of the week to get into a couple of games for conditioning purposes and has yet to play for Montreal.
- After loaning Joey Daccord to the AHL yesterday to make a spot start, the Senators announced (Twitter link) that they’ve recalled him to the taxi squad. The 24-year-old has allowed five goals in each of his two minor league starts this season.
- Ilya Samsonov won’t be making his return to the lineup today after all. The Capitals announced (Twitter link) that they’ve sent the netminder back to the taxi squad and have once again recalled Craig Anderson for their game against the Rangers.
- After clearing waivers, the Devils assigned defenseman Matt Tennyson to their taxi squad, CapFriendly reports. The blueliner has played in ten games this season, recording one assist while averaging 13:43 per game in ice time.
- The Islanders have once again promoted winger Oliver Wahlstrom and Leo Komarov from the taxi squad, reports Newsday’s Andrew Gross (Twitter link). New York has been shuffling their waiver-exempt prospects back and forth all season while Komarov recently cleared waivers again, allowing them to do the same with the 34-year-old.
- Colorado has assigned defenseman Kyle Burroughs from their taxi squad to the AHL, per the AHL’s transactions log. He was recalled to the Avalanche’s taxi squad last Friday but didn’t get into any game action.
- The Kings have brought up one of their top prospects to their taxi squad, announcing (Twitter link) that they’ve recalled Rasmus Kupari from AHL Ontario. The 20th-overall pick in 2018 leads the AHL in assists (seven) and points (eight) in the early going this season.
- Arizona has loaned defenseman Kyle Capobianco and center Frederik Gauthier to AHL Tucson, per the AHL’s transaction log. Capobianco has played in two games with the Coyotes this season while Gauthier, who was a regular on Toronto’s roster last year, has yet to play in 2021. They’ll have an opportunity to see some game action now.
This page will be updated throughout the day.