As teams finish their final week of preparation before the 2019-20 season, there will likely be several transactions around the league. As always, we’ll keep track of all those moves right here:
- All of the players from yesterday have cleared waivers and can be assigned to the minor leagues.
- The Columbus Blue Jackets have recalled ten players as they prepare for their game against the Buffalo Sabres tonight. Markus Hannikainen, Paul Bittner, Zac Dalpe, Nathan Gerbe, Nikita Korostelev, Kole Sherwood, Kevin Stenlund, Gabriel Carlsson, Anton Karlsson and Veini Vehvilainen had already been cut from the NHL training camp, but will be back up with the team temporarily.
- 2004 third-overall pick Cam Barker hasn’t played in the NHL since the 2012-13 season, but that doesn’t mean his professional career is over. The 33-year old defenseman has signed in the Czech league for this season after spending the last several years in the KHL, NLA and Liiga.
- The San Jose Sharks have sent all eight of the players they recalled yesterday back to the AHL, after they helped fill out a roster last night. These names have already been cut from the training camp but were just temporary fill-ins.
- After sending Derrick Pouliot to the AHL following waivers, the St. Louis Blues have recalled Mitch Reinke who will play tomorrow night against the Detroit Red Wings. The Blues will obviously be without Joel Edmundson after trading him away this week, but Reinke still looks like a long-shot to see any legitimate action at the beginning of the season, thanks to the addition of Justin Faulk.