Here are some of the original stories from PHR this week:
- I looked at the scrutiny surrounding the Detroit Red Wings’ Gustav Nyquist, and wondered if it was truly warranted. I look more at team performance, and advanced metrics to make the case that the organizational decisions with personnel, and not Nyquist, are the cause of the Wings’ ills.
- Gavin asked our readers what their teams needed for Christmas, and it was the most commented on article of the week.
- Gavin also reflects on Kyle Okposo’s career with the Islanders and where he stands in franchise history.
- Brett analyzed previous post-roster freeze trades, especially since speculation surrounds a number of teams, specifically Colorado, who may be moving players.
- Brian puts the 25th pick from the 2005 NHL Draft into the hands of the readers. At #24, readers chose Darren Helm for the St. Louis Blues.
- Finally, Glen wrapped up the week’s five key stories. It was not a good week for goalies.