The Trade Rumors network consists of Pro Hockey Rumors, MLB Trade Rumors, Hoops Rumors, and Pro Football Rumors. In aggregate, our four sites received 389 million pageviews in 2023. For details on advertising opportunities, please check out our media kit here.
For the past four years, all of the revenue generated by this website came from banner ads. Though ad rates had been dropping prior to 2020, we’ve also seen an increase in traffic to make up for it. Free websites supported only by advertising seemed to be a thing of the past, but the model was working well enough for us.
Then COVID-19 hit, reducing traffic and ad rates significantly at Pro Hockey Rumors. In April, I wrote a post explaining our situation. I was heartened by the response in the comments. Many longtime readers urged me to create a way to support the websites directly.
Given the devastation of COVID-19, the status of a hockey website is not high on anyone’s priority list. We’ll continue covering NHL free agency, draft, and trade news with the same devotion we’ve had over the four six years. The free, ad-supported Pro Hockey Rumors remains unchanged. But for those regular readers who have the means and desire to support Pro Hockey Rumors directly, we’ve created Trade Rumors Front Office.
For $29.99 per year, Trade Rumors Front Office provides the following benefits:
- Ad-free, faster viewing experience on Pro Hockey Rumors, MLB Trade Rumors, Pro Football Rumors, Hoops Rumors, and in the Trade Rumors iOS/Android app. Please note that we may need about a week to perfect the removal of ads from the app. The ad removal will work instantly after sign-up on the four websites.
- Exclusive member-only online chats with Pro Hockey Rumors head writer Gavin Lee.
- An exclusive Trade Rumors Front Office badge will be displayed when you comment on Pro Hockey Rumors.
- Most importantly, you’ll be supporting Pro Hockey Rumors directly and helping to ensure our longevity and growth.
As Pro Hockey Rumors celebrates its four-year anniversary, we’re looking to add to the writing staff! In particular, we’re seeking someone with strong daytime availability Monday through Friday. The position pays hourly. The criteria:
- Exceptional knowledge of all 31 NHL teams, no discernible bias.
- Knowledge of the salary cap, CBA and transaction-related concepts.
- At least some college education.
- Extensive writing experience, with professional experience and a background in journalism both strongly preferred.
- Keen understanding of journalistic principles, ethics and procedures. Completion of basic college-level journalism classes is strongly preferred.
- Attention to detail — absolutely no spelling errors, especially for player and journalist names.
- Ability to follow the site’s style and tone.
- Ability to analyze articles and craft intelligent, well-written posts summing up the news in a few paragraphs. We need someone who can balance creating quick copy with thoughtful analysis. You must be able to add value to breaking news with your own insight, numbers or links to other relevant articles.
- Ability to use Twitter and Tweetdeck.
- Multi-tasking is crucial.
- If you’re interested, email email@example.com and explain how you stand out and qualify in a couple of short paragraphs. Please attach your resume to the email. Unfortunately we may not be able to reply to every applicant.
The NHL playoff picture is coming into focus, and teams are fighting for the last spots and top seeds. Who will lock down their division? Who will capture a wild card berth? It’s all decided in the last month of the season!
TBL vs CAR | THUR 7:00 PM/ET
WPG vs VGK | THUR 10:00 PM/ET
CHI vs COL | SAT 3:00 PM/ET
NSH vs WPG | SAT 7:00 PM/ET
CGY vs VAN | SAT 8:00 PM/ET
Stream the biggest games of the regular season on ESPN+. That’s over 40 games in March, including In The Crease with Linda Cohn and Barry Melrose, plus live sports like UFC, MLS, MLB and more for only $4.99 a month or $49.99 a year.
Click here to start your free ESPN+ trial today!
This is a sponsored post from ESPN+.
Last June, we launched Pro Hockey Rumors to cover all of the NHL transaction-related news, joining MLB Trade Rumors, Hoops Rumors, and Pro Football Rumors in our network. PHR has grown rapidly since then and we’re looking to bring aboard multiple new writers with strong weekend and evening availability. The positions pay hourly. The criteria:
- Availability to work at least ten hours per week covering NHL news, particularly with availability from 8am-9pm central time Saturday and Sunday, as well as 5-9pm Monday through Friday.
- Exceptional knowledge of all 31 NHL teams, no discernible bias. Knowledge of transaction-related concepts.
- A high school degree is required, and further education is preferred. Please include your highest completed level of education in your application.
- Writing experience is necessary, and online writing experience is preferred.
- Attention to detail and ability to follow the Pro Hockey Rumors style and tone.
- Ability to analyze articles and craft intelligent, well-written posts summing up the news quickly and concisely.
- Ability to use Twitter, Tweetdeck, and an RSS feed reader such as Feedly. In general, you must be able to multi-task.
- Experience with social media, especially Twitter.
- If you’re interested, email firstname.lastname@example.org and explain how you stand out and qualify in a couple of short paragraphs. Please attach your resume to the email. We often receive several hundred applications, so unfortunately we will not be able to reply to each one.
The Trade Rumors Network of websites goes well beyond Pro Hockey Rumors. Please check out our other sites:
- NFL coverage at Pro Football Rumors. Follow @pfrumors on Twitter.
- MLB coverage at MLB Trade Rumors. Follow @mlbtraderumors on Twitter.
- NBA coverage at Hoops Rumors. Follow @hoopsrumors on Twitter.
- Download the Trade Rumors app for iOS here – now including Pro Hockey Rumors! Android will be coming in October.
- Depth chart and roster information across NHL, NFL, MLB, and NBA at Roster Resource. Follow @NHLRosters on Twitter.
Pro Hockey Rumors delivers the latest news on NHL trades and free agency, with new material 365 days a year. Run by a team of seven lifelong hockey fanatics, Pro Hockey Rumors is based on the model of our other successful sites: MLB Trade Rumors, Hoops Rumors, and Pro Football Rumors. We aim to differentiate Pro Hockey Rumors from other hockey rumors sites by focusing equally on four factors:
- Accuracy. Despite the word “rumors” in our name, we do not throw everything at the wall to see what sticks. We only post information we believe 100% to be true, based on the track record of the journalist. If you don’t see something on Pro Hockey Rumors, it means we saw it but don’t have full confidence in its accuracy.
- Timeliness. We’re laser-focused on Twitter to ensure breaking news is posted as fast as humanly possible.
- Relevance. Our focus at Pro Hockey Rumors is NHL trades and free agency, as well as the draft. We cut out the noise and avoid tabloid-type stories.
- Adding value. Anybody can aggregate NHL news. Our goal is to add unique value to every post with our own analysis. We have several cap experts on the staff.
Pro Hockey Rumors launched in June of 2016.