In typical Friday fashion, the NHL has just a pair of games on tap as teams prepare for a busy weekend. While there will certainly be fans watching to see if the Vancouver Canucks can show any semblance of structure, the focus of many will be on tomorrow night’s action. With that in mind, we’ll keep track of all the minor shuffling that happens ahead of the weekend.
- The Tampa Bay Lightning have assigned Alex Barre-Boulet to the AHL, confirming that the Lightning were the only team to claim him last time around. The team does not need to send him through waivers again after reclaiming him from the Seattle Kraken last month.
- The Columbus Blue Jackets have returned Kevin Stenlund to the minors, dropping the team to just 12 active forwards at the moment. That certainly could change by tomorrow’s game, which will see them face off against the Golden Knights.
- The Nashville Predators have sent Cole Smith back to the Milwaukee Admirals without him actually seeing any game action on this recall. The 26-year-old still has just one game under his belt at the NHL level, and is waiting for his first career point.
- Jason Gregor of TSN reports that Philip Broberg is on his way to the Edmonton Oilers, adding that Darnell Nurse has suffered an injury and could miss several weeks. The team has not confirmed the injury at this point, but obviously, losing Nurse would be a huge blow.
- The Los Angeles Kings have recalled Sean Durzi from the AHL, sending Austin Strand down in his place. Durzi, 23, has been on fire for the Ontario Reign this season, posting 13 points in 12 games. The second-round pick from 2018 has yet to make his NHL debut.
- The Anaheim Ducks have sent Benoit-Olivier Groulx back to the AHL for the time being, after suiting up for 15 games with the team this season. The 21-year-old has just three points in his rookie season and had been a healthy scratch recently.
- The San Jose Sharks have assigned Nicholas Merkley to the AHL, as they activate Jeffrey Viel from injured reserve. Viel hasn’t played a game yet this season and is still looking for his first NHL point.
- The Vegas Golden Knights have sent Sven Baertschi and Daniil Miromanov back to the AHL, suggesting someone will be available tomorrow when they face the Blue Jackets.
This page will be updated throughout the day