There has been plenty of roster movement between NHL teams and the taxi squad on a daily basis this season. Although some major names may be highlighted in separate articles, this is where you’ll find the majority of that shuffle news each day:
- Sam Carrick has been sent back to the AHL by the Anaheim Ducks, now that their season is over. Carrick can take part in the Pacific Division postseason, the only minor league playoffs that will be held this season.
- The Winnipeg Jets have recalled Eric Comrie and Dominic Toninato from the taxi squad under emergency conditions. Comrie was just announced as the team’s Masterton Trophy nominee, after a season that saw him claimed and then reclaimed on waivers, with very little playing time to show for it.
- The Toronto Maple Leafs have reassigned Denis Malgin to the taxi squad after his outstanding season in Switzerland. The 24-year-old scored 19 goals and 42 points in 45 games for Lausanne HC and is now back in North America to give the Maple Leafs a little more playoff depth.
- After clearing waivers, Calvin Pickard has been reassigned to the AHL by the Detroit Red Wings. Pickard has played six games for the Red Wings this season, posting an .874 save percentage.
- The Carolina Hurricanes have recalled Joey Keane from the AHL and expect him to make his NHL debut this evening. The 21-year-old defenseman has 12 points in 21 games with the Chicago Wolves this season.
- With several players sitting out tonight, the Nashville Predators have recalled forwards Rem Pitlick and Michael McCarron, defenseman Tyler Lewington, and goaltender Kasimir Kaskisuo from the taxi squad.
- The Washington Capitals have sent Paul Ladue and Michael Sgarbossa to the AHL, while recalling Pheonix Copley, Martin Fehervary, and Philippe Maillet to the taxi squad.
This page will be updated throughout the day