There has been plenty of roster movement between NHL teams and the taxi squad on a daily basis this season. Although some major names may be highlighted in separate articles, this is where you’ll find the majority of that shuffle news each day:
- The Detroit Red Wings have swapped taxi squad goalies, recalling Kevin Boyle from AHL Grand Rapids while assigning Kaden Fulcher to the Griffins, per a team release. Boyle last saw NHL action with Anaheim in 2018-19 and has just nine AHL games played this season while Fulcher has one career NHL appearance but hasn’t played at all this year while suiting up just twice in the ECHL last season. The team later tweeted that veteran Frans Nielsen was also recalled from the taxi squad and added that top prospect Joe Veleno, just recently brought over after his season ended in Sweden, will replace Nielsen on the taxi squad after being recalled from the AHL.
- The Florida Panthers have loaned Aleksi Heponiemi, Lucas Carlsson, and Brady Keeper to AHL Syracuse, per the AHL’s transactions log. Scott Wilson and Cole Schwindt have been recalled in corresponding moves. Carlsson was part of the five-player trade that saw Brett Connolly go to Chicago last week.
- Matt Duchene has been activated from the injured reserve and is set to re-join the Nashville Predators’ lineup tonight. Joining him on the active roster will be forward Tanner Jeannot, who was reassigned to the taxi squad yesterday but is back up today.
- The Dallas Stars have shuffled forwards just about every day this season. Today, the move is Nick Caamano being recalled from the taxi squad.
- The Philadelphia Flyers announced the recall of Carsen Twarynski from the taxi squad. The winger has been up with Philadelphia six other times this season but has played in just four games with the Flyers plus two more in the minors. He’ll take the place of Tanner Laczynski who is out with a lower-body injury.
- The Montreal Canadiens announced that they have returned Michael McNiven to AHL Laval. The move suggests that Carey Price is now ready to play after missing nearly two weeks with a lower-body issue.
- The Calgary Flames have sent Dominik Simon, Alex Petrovic, and Adam Ruzicka to AHL Stockton, per the AHL’s transactions log. The Heat, who are based in Calgary this season, play this afternoon and after that, those players will likely be recalled. Justin Kirkland was recalled to Calgary’s taxi squad to bring it back to the minimum four players.
- Joakim Nygard is on his way back up to the NHL roster, as the Edmonton Oilers announced that he has been recalled from the taxi squad. Nygard has only played in six games with the Oilers this season after suiting up for 33 in his rookie year.
- The Anaheim Ducks have sent Jacob Perreault and Olle Eriksson Ek back to San Diego, per the AHL’s transactions log. Hunter Drew and Maxim Golod were recalled in corresponding moves. The Gulls are in action today and the moves allow Perreault and Eriksson Ek to get a game in before likely being recalled again.
- The San Jose Sharks have sent Alexander Barabanov to the minors, per the AHL’s transaction log. He was acquired from Toronto back at the trade deadline but hasn’t suited up with his new organization yet.
This page will be updated throughout the day.