There has been plenty of roster movement between NHL teams and the taxi squad on a daily basis this season. Although some major names may be highlighted in separate articles, this is where you’ll find the majority of that shuffle news each day.
- The Vegas Golden Knights have swapped goaltenders, recalling Oscar Dansk from the AHL’s Henderson Silver Knights and sending young Dylan Ferguson back in his place. Dansk has spent much of the season as Vegas’ No. 2 or 3 but hasn’t seen any game action, so the team has made an effort to move him to Henderson now that the AHL season has begun.
- The Ottawa Senators have recalled Braydon Coburn from the taxi squad, while flipping several other players between it and the AHL. Logan Brown and Filip Gustavsson are on their way back to the Belleville Senators, while Clark Bishop and Kevin Mandolese have been recalled to the taxi squad.
- The Montreal Canadiens have done their own taxi squad goaltending flip, sending Michael McNiven back to the AHL and recalling Charlie Lindgren. Lindgren has made two starts for the Laval Rocket this season, recording an .875 save percentage.
- The Detroit Red Wings have completed their daily roster move, assigning Mathias Brome, Evgeny Svechnikov, and Alex Biega to the taxi squad. The Red Wings move players from the roster every off day in order to save salary and bank cap space.
- The Florida Panthers have made several transactions, most notably recalling Owen Tippett and Riley Stillman from the taxi squad. After clearing waivers, Brett Connolly has been moved to the taxi squad, while Noel Acciari has been activated from injured reserve. Anthony Duclair and Noah Juulsen have both been moved to injured reserve as well.
- The Nashville Predators have reassigned Eeli Tolvanen to the taxi squad as they always do on an off day, but this time he’ll be joined by Mathieu Olivier who has been activated from injured reserve and sent to the squad as well.
- Brandon Davidson has been reassigned to the Buffalo Sabres taxi squad as the team tries to regroup for tomorrow’s game. The Sabres are reeling after failing to score a single goal in a weekend back-to-back, losing both to the Flyers 3-0.
- Those Flyers have sent Samuel Morin to the AHL, where he can continue to get in some games with the Lehigh Valley Phantoms. Morin has transitioned from defense to wing this season but hasn’t managed a point in four games with Philadelphia.
This page will be updated throughout the day.