There has been plenty of roster movement between NHL teams and the taxi squad on a daily basis this season. Although some major names may be highlighted in separate articles, this is where you’ll find the majority of that shuffle news each day.
- The Arizona Coyotes have recalled goaltender David Tendeck all the way from the ECHL, assigning him to the taxi squad. Aaron Ness has been moved down to the AHL to make room. Antti Raanta did not skate today after being listed as day-to-day yesterday, meaning the team needed an extra goaltender. Tendeck, 21, has a .913 save percentage through 13 games for the Rapid City Rush.
- Brendan Guhle remains on injured reserve for the Anaheim Ducks, but the club has assigned him to the AHL’s San Diego Gulls on a Long-Term Injury Conditioning Loan. Joining him in the minors is fellow defender Kodie Curran, who has been demoted from the Ducks’ taxi squad.
- The Ottawa Senators have recalled Kevin Mandolese from the AHL, reassigning Joey Daccord in the process. The team could need another goaltender depending on the health of Marcus Hogberg, who left last night’s game in the first period with a lower-body injury. The Senators have also recalled Artem Anisimov from the taxi squad, putting Matthew Peca back in his place.
- With Sean Monahan out day-to-day, the Calgary Flames required some extra help for tonight’s game. Brett Ritchie will draw into the lineup, as the team announced that he and defenseman Connor Mackey have been recalled from the taxi squad.
- The Columbus Blue Jackets have assigned Liam Foudy and Adam Clendening to the AHL, recalling Gavin Bayreuther to the taxi squad. Foudy has just three points in 12 games this season and doesn’t look quite ready to contribute on a nightly basis. After only turning 21 a few weeks ago, he has plenty of time to continue his development.
- In their daily move, the Nashville Predators have recalled Ben Harpur from the taxi squad, re-assigning Michael McCarron and Eeli Tolvanen in the process. The team has fliped these three back and forth almost every day for the last week.
- The Washington Capitals have recalled Ilya Samsonov from the AHL, now that he’s ready to return to action. To make room, Craig Anderson has been bumped back to the taxi squad and Zach Fucale is on his way to Hershey. Samsonov of course tested positive for coronavirus earlier this season and has played just two games for the Capitals.
- The Pittsburgh Penguins have assigned Jordy Bellerive, Josh Currie, and Emil Larmi to the taxi squad. Frederick Gaudreau, Anthony Angello, and Maxime Lagace have been re-assigned to the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins.
- Reversing some of their recent moves, the New Jersey Devils have assigned Mikhail Maltsev and Nicholas Merkley back to the taxi squad. Ben Street, Brett Seney, and Jesper Boqvist have all been reassigned to the AHL.
This page will be updated throughout the day.