It’s a busy Tuesday evening in the NHL as nine games are scheduled including some prime divisional matchups. Perhaps most notable is the Colorado Avalanche and Winnipeg Jets facing off for second place in the Central, a position either would gladly take after the unfortunate circumstances they’ve each dealt with. The Avalanche are still without two-thirds of their top line, while the Jets are trying to figure out how to piece together an NHL defense. As teams prepare for tonight’s action, we’ll keep track of all the minor moves.
- Rudolfs Balcers has been activated off season-opening injured reserve and assigned to the Belleville Senators, indicating he’s ready to action. The 22-year old played in 36 games for the Ottawa Senators last season and will likely be back in the NHL once he gets his feet under him this season.
- The Toronto Maple Leafs didn’t wait for Michael Hutchinson to clear waivers at noon today as they’ve already recalled Kasimir Kaskisuo from the minor leagues. The team has also brought back Nic Petan, who now has seven points through three games in the minor leagues. Kaskisuo is expected to get a crack at the backup role this weekend.
- Jacob Middleton has been activated off injured reserve and sent to the AHL, a good sign that he’s ready to return to action. The 23-year old defenseman played in one game for the San Jose Sharks earlier this season and is an important part of the defense corps for the San Jose Barracuda.
- The Los Angeles Kings have recalled Matt Luff, bringing him back to the team for the first time this season. Luff scored eight goals and 11 points in 33 games with Los Angeles in 2018-19, but has spent the first part of this season with the Ontario Reign.
- Otto Koivula has been included in his near daily transaction, this time recalled from the Bridgeport Sound Tigers. The New York Islanders have been bouncing Koivula back and forth all season, but he still hasn’t played in a single NHL game.