Last night was filled to the brim with hockey all across North America, with a dozen games in the NHL and a World Junior semi-final. There were some shocking finishes, with the Coyotes taking down the Predators and Canadiens icing the Lightning. Now, as we head into another weekend full of hockey, teams will be making minor changes to their rosters and we’ll keep track of everything right here.
- The Buffalo Sabres have sent Taylor Fedun back to the minor leagues, meaning he must be healthy enough to get back on the ice. Fedun hasn’t played since November due to a foot injury, and has just seven games in the NHL this year. The 29-year old is ticketed for the AHL until another few spots open up on the Buffalo blueline.
- Zac Dalpe and Dean Kukan are on their way back to the AHL again, another cap-saving measure for the Columbus Blue Jackets as they await their next game on Sunday. Columbus has been sending the pair down to get into some game action between Blue Jackets matches, allowing them to also bank some cap space for any potential moves at the deadline.
- Filip Chlapik has been reassigned to the Belleville Senators of the AHL, ending his short stint in Ottawa. The NHL Senators are getting Zack Smith back into the lineup tonight, and Chlapik needs to continue to play for his development. The 20-year old recorded one point, but is still looking for his first NHL goal.
- The St. Louis Blues have activated Samuel Blais from injured reserve and sent him to the minor leagues. Blais had been dealing with a lower body injury and has played just 22 games this season split between the Blues and San Antonio Rampage. The sixth-round pick will have to prove he’s back to full strength before getting another chance with the big club, who still haven’t found their optimal mix of forwards for the stretch run.
- After only two days on injured reserve, Marcus Kruger has been activated by the Carolina Hurricanes. Kruger’s IR stint could be retroactive to the last game he played on December 27th, but it will still mean and end to Aleksi Saarela’s first NHL call-up. Saarela didn’t get into a game, meaning he’ll have to wait for another chance to make his NHL debut.
- The Vegas Golden Knights have moved Jon Merrill to injured reserve with an undisclosed injury, making room for Luca Sbisa to be activated. Sbisa is expected to be in the lineup tonight against the Chicago Blackhawks, while it’s not clear how long Merrill will be out.
- The Arizona Coyotes have sent both Kyle Capobianco and Lawson Crouse to the minor leagues, with no corresponding moves given. The Coyotes don’t play until tomorrow night, and could activate Brad Richardson for the game after he returned to practice.
- The Columbus Blue Jackets have also sent goaltender Joonas Korpisalo to the minor leagues to get a start, recalling Matiss Kivlenieks to stay complient in the NHL. Korpisalo will get into a game for the AHL’s Cleveland Monsters to stay sharp, but should be recalled later this weekend.