Thank you for participating in the Pro Hockey Rumors commenting community. If you’re new to the site, register to comment here! Remember to confirm your email address before attempting to leave a comment.
When leaving a comment at PHR, we ask that you avoid the following:
- Attacks or insults toward other commenters, the PHR staff, journalists, team personnel, players, or agents.
- Otherwise harassing other commenters in any way.
- Unnecessary political discussion. While sports and politics regularly intersect, we ask that you refrain from using the PHR comment section to discuss elections, politicians, political parties, or political beliefs. We aim to limit the PHR comment section to the hockey topics covered in the post.
- Inappropriate language, including swearing and related censor bypass attempts, lewdness, insults, and crude terms for body parts, bodily functions, and physical acts.
- Inappropriate avatars or images.
- Spam links or self-promotion.
- Personal contact information in the comments section.
If you see comments that violate our policy, please flag them and/or contact us! Please do not otherwise attempt to police the comments – we’d prefer you to ignore any offenders until we are able to act. We will again increase our efforts to be proactive in removing comments that violate this policy above, but flagging them is still the best way to make us aware of said comments. If you have a comment that is moderated or otherwise deleted, please note we do not have the ability to inform you of the specific reason such action was taken.
Since the last time we posted our commenting policy, we’ve added a mute button among our many commenting features. Once you’re logged in, you’ll see that each comment has the option to like, reply, flag, or mute. If you decide you would prefer to hide all comments from a specific user, including all comments on a thread they’ve started, hit the mute link. A box will pop up asking you to confirm. You can edit your mute list on your profile page. The Trade Rumors iOS app now has a flag button but still does not yet have the mute button.
Corrections for errors by the authors of our posts are welcome and appreciated. If you have any specific concerns you’d like to discuss directly with our team, you can always reach out to our writing team by using the contact us link.