Eight games are on the slate tonight in the NHL, but all eyes will be on UBS Arena where the New York Islanders will welcome in the Philadelphia Flyers. A mid-week match between two struggling teams may not normally draw much attention but when Keith Yandle steps on the ice, he’ll pass Doug Jarvis and become the NHL’s all-time iron man. Yandle has played in his 964th consecutive match last night, failing to miss a game since starting his streak on March 26, 2009. Phil Kessel, who has his own streak going, will also be in action tonight in his 941st consecutive game. As they and others prepare for action, we’ll keep track of all the minor league and taxi squad shuffling.
- Erik Brannstrom has entered the COVID protocol today, meaning Lassi Thomson is back up from the AHL for the Ottawa Senators. Thomson, 21, has played in 12 games for Ottawa this season and another 15 for the Belleville Senators of the AHL. The 19th overall pick in 2019, he’s one of several high-end defense prospects in the Senators organization that will soon be fighting for full-time minutes at the NHL level.
- The Boston Bruins have recalled Jesper Froden to the taxi squad, giving them an extra forward as they hit the road for a game in Colorado tomorrow. Froden, an undrafted signing out of Sweden, has 21 points in 30 games for the Providence Bruins and made his NHL debut last month.
- The Philadelphia Flyers have recalled Linus Sandin and Connor Bunnaman to the active roster, loaning Jackson Cates back to the taxi squad. Sandin is expected to make his NHL debut this evening when the Flyers take on the Islanders.
- The St. Louis Blues have assigned Dakota Joshua, Alexei Toropchenko, and Calle Rosen to the AHL after returning from their road trip. The team hosts the Calgary Flames on Thursday in a rematch of last night’s 7-1 thrashing.
- Riley Tufte has been assigned to the AHL by the Dallas Stars, where he can play tomorrow night for the Texas Stars. Tufte, 23, has played in five games for Dallas this season and has 13 points in 24 minor league games.
- The Arizona Coyotes have assigned Hudson Fasching to the AHL from the taxi squad, allowing the forward to continue his minor league season. Fasching has 16 points in 19 games for the Tucson Roadrunners so far.
- The Nashville Predators have recalled defenseman Matt Tennyson and center Cole Smith from the taxi squad. Tennyson has three assists in two games with the Preds so far this season while Smith has suited in five games without recording a point.
- The Los Angeles Kings have made their usual long list of moves on an off day. Samuel Fagemo, Alex Turcotte, Christian Wolanin, and Matt Villalta have all been sent from the taxi squad to the minor leagues. Austin Strand has been moved from the Kings’ active roster to the taxi squad, while Jacob Ingham and Jacob Moverare have been brought up from Ontario to the taxi squad. Expect more movement before Thursday’s game against the Islanders as the Kings continue to juggle the salary cap and development of young players.
This page will be updated throughout the day