Sunday in the NHL will bring some more afternoon action, with two top-tier matchups just a few hours from now. The Washington Capitals and Carolina Hurricanes do battle for the Metropolitan Division lead, while the Central-leading Minnesota Wild take on the Stanley Cup champion Tampa Bay Lightning. Four more games will follow this evening, including the reeling Vancouver Canucks trying to find any sort of positive. As those teams and others prepare, we’ll keep track of all the day’s minor league shuffling.
- Ottawa Senators goalie Matt Murray cleared waivers, per TSN’s Bruce Garrioch. He’ll be assigned to the Belleville Senators after going winless in five games this season.
- Per the team, the Buffalo Sabres loaned forward Arttu Ruotsalainen to the Rochester Americans today. The move comes after they signed Mark Jankowski, who was on an AHL contract in Rochester, to an NHL deal today. Ruotsalainen had just four points in 16 games this season.
- The Pittsburgh Penguins have recalled Drew O’Connor from Wilkes-Barre/Scranton of the AHL, reports Seth Rorabaugh of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. He’ll take the place of Bryan Rust who was placed on injured reserve. O’Connor has five points in five minor league games so far this season plus five more points in a dozen contests with Pittsburgh.
- The St. Louis Blues have moved Klim Kostin to injured reserve, recalling Logan Brown from the AHL in his place. Brown, acquired from the Ottawa Senators before the season began, has been excellent at the minor league level with 17 points in 19 games for the Springfield Thunderbirds. Kostin meanwhile is headed to LTIR, meaning he’ll have to miss a minimum of ten games and 24 days.
- After a one-day stint in the minors, Benoit-Olivier Groulx is back up with the Anaheim Ducks, per the AHL’s transactions log. Groulx has played in 16 games with Anaheim so far this season but they have been trying to get him into AHL contests here and there to get him some extra playing time.
This page will be updated throughout the day