There’s not a lot going on in the NHL as we await training camp and the last few RFA contracts, but the minor leagues are still busy filling out their rosters in preparation for the 2021-22 season. As always, we’ll keep track of all the notable minor moves right here.
- The Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins have re-signed Dylan MacPherson, bringing him back on an AHL contract. The 23-year-old defenseman split last season between the Wheeling Nailers and AHL Penguins, scoring just one point in ten games at the higher level. Undrafted out of the WHL, MacPherson was never a big offensive weapon but brings some useful size to the back end.
- Cedrick Andree, who played two games for the Belleville Senators last season, has signed with the ECHL’s South Carolina Stingrays for the upcoming campaign. The 21-year-old goaltender had a ton of success at the junior level, posting a 67-21-4 record for the Ottawa 67’s, but is undersized and went undrafted.
- Chris Nell, another goaltender who had a few games in the AHL last season, has signed with the Atlanta Gladiators of the ECHL once again. The 27-year-old has been in that league for several years now, with an .895 save percentage over 80 games.
- Sometimes it’s just not worth trying to return to North America. Mat Robinson has signed a new deal with SKA St. Petersburg in the KHL, meaning he’ll play his ninth consecutive season there after some previous experience in the AHL, ECHL, Norway and Sweden. The 35-year-old also suited up for Canada at the 2018 Olympics, winning a bronze medal in the process.
- Tanner Fritz has signed a one-year AHL contract with the Hartford Wolf Pack after spending the last several seasons with the Bridgeport Sound Tigers. The 30-year-old forward had six points in 30 games last season.
This page will be updated as further transactions are announced