There has been plenty of roster movement between NHL teams and the taxi squad on a daily basis this season. Although some major names may be highlighted in separate articles, this is where you’ll find the majority of that shuffle news each day:
- The Vegas Golden Knights have recalled Jiri Patera, sending Dylan Sikura and Logan Thompson back to the AHL. Patera, 22, has an .888 save percentage in seven appearances with the Henderson Silver Knights.
- The Arizona Coyotes have recalled both Michael Chaput and Jan Jenik from the taxi squad, with the latter expected to make his NHL debut tonight. The 20-year-old forward was the 65th overall pick in 2018 and has 11 points in 27 games with the Tucson Roadrunners this season.
- The Colorado Avalanche have returned Kyle Burroughs to the AHL, per the AHL’s transactions log. Burroughs has an assist in five games with the Avs this season but only has played once in the last four weeks.
- The Los Angeles Kings have brought up Jacob Ingham, Matthew Villalta, and Rasmus Kupari to the taxi squad, per the AHL’s transactions log. Jonathan Quick left Monday’s game due to injury which likely has played a role in Ingham and Villalta’s recalls while Kupari, a 2018 first-rounder, has played in three games with the Kings this season.
- The San Jose Sharks have recalled Jacob Middleton to the taxi squad, per the AHL’s transactions log. The 25-year-old has had 11 separate stints on the taxi squad this season but has only suited up once with the Sharks. Ivan Chekhovich, Greg Pateryn, and Brinson Pasichnuk were all recalled to the active roster, per CapFriendly.
- The Ottawa Senators have recalled Cody Goloubef from the AHL, adding him to the taxi squad. Goloubef hasn’t gotten into a single NHL game this season but has played 160 in the past, picking up a handful of appearances each season. The 31-year-old has five points in 25 games for the Belleville Senators this year.
- The Edmonton Oilers have assigned Patrick Russell to the taxi squad, per CapFriendly. The 28-year-old saw his first NHL action in nearly two months on Thursday, logging 10:31 in Edmonton’s loss to Vancouver.
- The Detroit Red Wings have recalled Givani Smith from the AHL to the taxi squad after spending nearly a month in the minor leagues. Smith, 23, has played 15 games for the Red Wings this season, collecting one goal and four points. A few hours later, the Red Wings recalled Smith, Mathias Brome and Joseph Veleno from the taxi squad to the active roster.
- The Columbus Blue Jackets have recalled Matiss Kivlenieks to the active roster under emergency conditions, giving them another goaltender for the game tonight against Detroit. Kivlenieks has yet to appear in an NHL game this season.
- The Carolina Hurricanes returned Morgan Geekie to the taxi squad, per CapFriendly. The 22-year-old has been a regular for large chunks of the season and has played in 34 games, picking up two goals and an assist.
- The New York Rangers have returned Jonny Brodzinski to the AHL from the taxi squad, even though Hartford’s season ended yesterday. Armed with a cannon of a shot, Brodzinski has always scored at a high rate in the minor leagues. In the NHL though, he has just 13 points in 62 career games.
- After the Pittsburgh Penguins ruled out both Tristan Jarry and Casey DeSmith today with injuries, Alex D’Orio was recalled from the AHL under emergency conditions. Maxime Lagace is expected to make the start in the final game of the season, while Jarry and DeSmith are both expected to be ready for the playoffs.
- The New Jersey Devils have assigned Brett Seney and Colton White to Binghamton of the AHL from the taxi squad, per the AHL’s transactions log. White has placed twice for New Jersey this season while Seney hasn’t seen any NHL action. Their demotions were to make room for Matt Tennyson and Marian Studenic who were both sent down to the taxi squad, per CapFriendly.
- With the Boston Bruins off tonight, they’ve returned Jeremy Swayman to the taxi squad, per CapFriendly. Swayman has been dominant in his first taste of NHL action, winning seven of nine games while posting a 1.44 GAA with a .946 SV%. Cameron Hughes was also sent to the minors.
This page will be updated throughout the day.