There has been plenty of roster movement between NHL teams and the taxi squad on a daily basis this season. Although some major names may be highlighted in separate articles, this is where you’ll find the majority of that shuffle news each day:
- The Chicago Blackhawks announced they have re-assigned forward Mackenzie Entwistle and defenseman Alec Regula were re-assigned to the taxi squad, while the team also assigned goaltender Matt Tompkins to the Rockford IceHogs of the AHL.
- The Detroit Red Wings announced they have recalled forwards Mathias Brome and Joseph Veleno from the taxi squad. Brome has one goal in 24 games this season for Detroit, while Veleno has already made three appearances for the Red Wings, although he has yet to register a point. Following their game against Tampa Bay, they announced that Brome and Veleno were sent back to the taxi squad with Joe Hicketts and Hayden Verbeek being sent back to the minors in corresponding moves.
- The Columbus Blue Jackets have reassigned goaltender Matiss Kivlenieks to the taxi squad after being recalled on an emergency basis, according to the CapFriendly transaction page. He has yet to play in an NHL game this year.
- CapFriendly reports the Carolina Hurricanes have sent forwards Max McCormick, Morgan Geekie and Drew Shore to the taxi squad.
- The Montreal Canadiens announced they have assigned forward Ryan Poehling and Alex Belzile from the taxi squad to the Laval Rocket of the AHL. Poehling, who played 21 games for the Canadiens last season, has yet to make his season-debut with Montreal this year. He has 11 goals and 25 points in 28 games with Laval.
- The Vancouver Canucks have recalled forward Jonah Gadjovic from the Utica Comets of the AHL, according to the AHL transactions page. The 22-year-old has had a breakout season in the AHL with a career-high 15 goals in just 19 games.
- The Toronto Maple Leafs have assigned forward Denis Malgin from the taxi squad to the Toronto Marlies of the AHL, according to CapFriendly. Malgin has spent the entire season on loan in the NL where he has posted 19 goals and 42 points in 45 games there. With the season over in Switzerland, he will now join the Marlies until needed.
- The Philadelphia Flyers have reassigned goaltender Felix Sandstrom from the taxi squad to the Lehigh Valley Phantoms of the AHL, according to CapFriendly. The 24-year-old has yet to make his NHL debut.
- After potting his fourth and fifth AHL goals Saturday in just eight games, the Colorado Avalanche have promoted top prospect Alex Newhook to the taxi squad, according to The Athletic’s Peter Baugh. The team also promoted defenseman Dennis Gilbert, goaltender Jonas Johansson and forward Jayson Megna to the taxi squad, according to the AHL transaction page. The team has also assigned goaltender Hunter Miska and forwards Mike Vecchione and Nick Henry to the Colorado Eagles of the AHL.
- CapFriendly reports that the Anaheim Ducks made several roster moves, including promoting forwards Andrew Agozzino and Vinni Lettieri as well as defenseman Josh Mahura from the taxi squad. The team has also sent goaltender Lukas Dostal and Maxim Golod back to the taxi squad.
- The Vegas Golden Knights assigned Dylan Coghlan to the taxi squad, according to CapFriendly. The 23-year-old has three goals and five points in 28 games.
- The San Jose Sharks have sent Alexander True and Alexander Barabanov to the taxi squad, according to CapFriendly.
- The Los Angeles Kings have assigned defenseman Kale Clague to the Ontario Reign of the AHL, according to CapFriendly. Clague has split the season between the two teams, playing 18 with the Kings and 18 with the Reign.
This page will be updated throughout the day.