There has been plenty of roster movement between NHL teams and the taxi squad on a daily basis this season. Although some major names may be highlighted in separate articles, this is where you’ll find the majority of that shuffle news each day:
- The Los Angeles Kings have recalled Austin Strand and Christian Wolanin from the taxi squad, adding them to the active roster in time for tonight’s game against San Jose. Wolanin would be making his Kings debut if he gets into the lineup this evening.
- The Anaheim Ducks have made their typical gameday recalls. Per CapFriendly, David Backes, Chase De Leo, and Sam Carrick have all been recalled from the taxi squad. Carrick has a point (one goal, one assist) in his two games since being promoted earlier this month.
- The Arizona Coyotes have recalled Michael Bunting from the taxi squad, per CapFriendly. The 25-year-old had a hat trick on Monday and has four goals and an assist in five games this season.
- The Colorado Avalanche have promoted Kyle Burroughs, Keaton Middleton, and Liam O’Brien from the taxi squad on an emergency basis, per CapFriendly. Middleton is expected to make his NHL debut tonight.
- The Minnesota Wild have recalled Luke Johnson and Kyle Rau from the taxi squad, per CapFriendly. The two have been shuffled back and forth routinely in recent days to save some cap room.
- The San Jose Sharks have recalled Antti Suomela and Jeffrey Viel from the taxi squad, per CapFriendly. Viel has ten penalty minutes in five games this season while Suomela has suited up in four NHL contests thus far.
- The Vegas Golden Knights have recalled Nicolas Hague from the taxi squad, per CapFriendly. The 22-year-old has picked up 14 points in 32 games this season while logging just over 16 minutes per contest.
- The Toronto Maple Leafs have added Joseph Duszak to the taxi squad, filling the sixth available spot with the young defenseman. Duszak, 23, was an undrafted free agent signing by the Maple Leafs in 2019 and split last season between the ECHL and AHL. This season he has eight points in 19 games for the Toronto Marlies.
- The Ottawa Senators have re-assigned Alex Formenton to the taxi squad, a normal off-day move as they prepare for action tomorrow night. Formenton has two goals in seven games for the Senators this season.
- The Montreal Canadiens have sent Cayden Primeau and Jake Evans back to the taxi squad, per CapFriendly. Both were up on emergency recalls the last two days and will likely be promoted again tomorrow.
- The Winnipeg Jets have sent Kristian Vesalainen back to the taxi squad, per CapFriendly. The 2017 first-rounder has just an assist in eight games this season while averaging just 7:35 per outing.
- The Columbus Blue Jackets have assigned Zac Dalpe to the taxi squad, moving Liam Foudy to the AHL in the process. Foudy, one of the team’s top prospects, has just three points in 18 games this season and is still looking for his first NHL goal. The 21-year-old still has a very high offensive ceiling but hasn’t been able to find much consistency at the highest level so far.
- The Detroit Red Wings have brought Mathias Brome and Taro Hirose straight up from the AHL to the active roster, moving Evgeny Svechnikov to the taxi squad in the process. Gustav Lindstrom has also been re-assigned to the taxi squad from the AHL.
- The Carolina Hurricanes are off today which means Jake Bean is once again back on the taxi squad, per CapFriendly. Bean has 11 points in 29 games this season and will almost certainly be recalled for tomorrow’s game against Detroit.
- The Chicago Blackhawks have recalled Brandon Pirri from the taxi squad, per CapFriendly. It’s his fourth recall in just over three weeks although he only has played once in the NHL this season. Alec Regula was also sent to AHL Rockford.
- The Nashville Predators have sent David Farrance and Tyler Lewington to the taxi squad, per CapFriendly. Farrance logged nearly 14 minutes in his NHL debut yesterday while Lewington had an assist in his Nashville debut in that game as well.
- The Buffalo Sabres have recalled Arttu Ruotsalainen from the taxi squad, moving Steven Fogarty back in his place. Ruotsalainen is expected to make his NHL debut tonight after playing 13 games for the Rochester Americans in his first year of North American pro hockey.
- The Boston Bruins have sent Anton Blidh to the taxi squad, per CapFriendly. The winger has a goal in six games this season, four of which have come over the past two weeks.
- The New Jersey Devils have promoted Ben Street from the taxi squad, per CapFriendly. The veteran has 14 points in as many games with AHL Binghamton but hasn’t suited up in the NHL this year.
- The Philadelphia Flyers have sent Shayne Gostisbehere to the taxi squad while recalling Derrick Pouliot, per CapFriendly, a move that frees up a bit of extra cap space for the day. Tanner Laczynski was also sent to AHL Lehigh Valley.
This page will be updated throughout the day