There has been plenty of roster movement between NHL teams and the taxi squad on a daily basis this season. Although some major names may be highlighted in separate articles, this is where you’ll find the majority of that shuffle news each day:
- The Los Angeles Kings have assigned Christian Wolanin to the taxi squad now that he has cleared the protocol following his March trade. He’ll skate with the team for the first time today.
- The Arizona Coyotes have assigned Hudson Fasching to the AHL, moving him off the roster and giving him a chance to get his game going at the minor league level. The 25-year-old forward hasn’t scored in four games for the Coyotes this season.
- The Ottawa Senators have recalled Michael Amadio and Erik Brannstrom from the taxi squad, sending Braydon Coburn back to it in their place. Amadio was acquired from the Kings just over a week ago and has yet to make his Senators debut.
- The Carolina Hurricanes have recalled Drew Shore to the taxi squad, giving them an extra forward ahead of their game tonight against Florida. Shore has failed to score a single goal at any level this season, with just one point in seven AHL games.
- The Florida Panthers have recalled some very interesting names to the active roster, bringing up Brady Keeper and young goaltending prospect Spencer Knight. Knight, the 13th overall pick in 2019, recently ended his college career and turned pro with the Panthers.
- The Nashville Predators have done a similar move, recalling David Farrance and Tyler Lewington from the taxi squad. Farrance, 21, was one of the best players in college hockey the last two seasons and could quickly step into the NHL with the Predators.
- As usual, the Detroit Red Wings have made a number of transactions, starting with a recall of Michael Rasmussen, Givani Smith, and Evgeni Svechnikov from the taxi squad. The team has moved Frans Nielsen, Calvin Pickard, and Dennis Cholowski–the latter from the AHL–to the taxi squad in their place.
- The Dallas Stars have made their regular forward shuffle. Today, the move is promoting Justin Dowling and Joel L’Esperance from the taxi squad to the active roster.
- After clearing waivers, Richard Panik has been moved to the Washington Capitals taxi squad according to Samantha Pell of the Washington Post. Daniel Carr has been promoted to the active roster in his place. Panik has recorded just three goals and nine points in 36 games this season and now finds himself on the outside looking in.
- As expected, both A.J. Greer and Mason Jobst have been immediately loaned to the AHL after the New Jersey Devils acquired them last night. The pair of minor league forwards were part of the return for Kyle Palmieri and Travis Zajac, but don’t look to have big futures in New Jersey and were likely included for contractual reasons.
- After sending them down yesterday, the Buffalo Sabres have brought C.J. Smith and Brandon Davidson back up from the AHL and added them to the taxi squad. The pair played but couldn’t help Rochester topple the Syracuse Crunch yesterday.
This page will be updated throughout the day.