There has been plenty of roster movement between NHL teams and the taxi squad on a daily basis this season. Although some major names may be highlighted in separate articles, this is where you’ll find the majority of that shuffle news each day:
- The Chicago Blackhawks announced several roster moves, swapping nine different players between the taxi squad and the Rockford IceHogs of the AHL. The team assigned four players from Rockford to the taxi squad, including forwards Mikael Hakkarainen, Brandon Pirri, John Quenneville and defenseman Alec Regula. The Blackhawks also assigned five players from the taxi squad to the AHL, including forward Reese Johnson and defensemen Nicolas Beaudin, Madison Bowey, Lucas Carlsson and Wyatt Kalynuk.
- The Columbus Blue Jackets announced they have activated center Alexandre Texier off the COVID-19 protocol list and assigned him to the taxi squad. The team has also assigned forward Mikhail Grigorenko to the taxi squad as well. Texier has missed two games while being on the protocol list, but it’s possible that Texier has been assigned to the taxi squad to accrue salary cap space since the team doesn’t play until Monday.
- The Nashville Predators announced they have recalled forward Rem Pitlick from the taxi squad. Pitlick, who has dominated in the AHL this season (eight goals and 10 points in eight games), has appeared in three games with the Predators but is still looking for his first NHL point.
- The Dallas Stars announced they have swapped a pair of players between the NHL and taxi squads. The team has recalled forward Justin Dowling from the taxi squad, while re-assigning Nicholas Caamano back to the taxi squad.
- The Carolina Hurricanes have assigned Jake Bean to the taxi squad, per CapFriendly. It’s a familiar move for the defenseman on non-game days who has been sent down many times already but has still played in 20 games this season, recording 10 points.
- The Detroit Red Wings announced that they sent defenseman Dennis Cholowski to the taxi squad. The 23-year-old played in 88 games over his first two seasons but has suited up just once with Detroit this season.
- The Buffalo Sabres announced they have assigned forward Steven Fogarty from the Rochester Americans of the AHL to the taxi squad. They also have loaned recently signed goaltender Michael Houser to the taxi squad as well. Fogarty, who has been impressive in Rochester (five goals, eight points in 10 games) has only played one game with the Sabres this season.
- The New Jersey Devils have made several transactions, announcing they have placed forward Nathan Bastian on injured reserve with a lower-body injury. Bastian has played 27 games for the Devils this year with two goals and six points. The team promoted forward Michael McLeod from the taxi squad to replace Bastian on the roster. The Devils also swapped four players between the taxi squad and the Binghamton Devils of the AHL. They have assigned defenseman Joshua Jacobs and goaltender Gilles Senn to Binghamton while promoting defenseman Jeremy Groleau and David Quenneville to the taxi squad.
- The New York Islanders assigned forward Oliver Wahlstrom to the taxi squad while sending goaltender Jakub Skarek to the AHL, per CapFriendly. Wahlstrom has played in 25 games with the Isles this season, picking up seven goals and seven assists.
- The New York Rangers made their usual large series of moves on a non-game day. Per CapFriendly, forward Kaapo Kakko and goalie Keith Kinkaid were sent to the taxi squad with goalie Adam Huska recalled to the NHL roster. Defenceman Anthony Bitetto was recalled to the taxi squad from AHL Hartford while forward Jonny Brodzinski was sent to Hartford.
- The Philadelphia Flyers sent defenseman Nate Prosser and forward Carsen Twarynski to the taxi squad, per CapFriendly. Meanwhile, forward Matthew Strome was sent to Lehigh Valley of the AHL.
- The Ottawa Senators announced that they have recalled Anton Forsberg from his conditioning loan with Belleville. The loan lasted just one game but with Ottawa’s injury situation in goal with their top three goalies all hurt, Forsberg will be needed right away.
- The Calgary Flames recalled Dominik Simon from the taxi squad while sending Derek Ryan, Zac Rinaldo, and Alex Petrovic to the taxi squad, per CapFriendly. Ryan and Rinaldo have been frequently sent down on non-game days with Simon being the recall in those situations in recent weeks.
- With the Montreal Canadiens off today, they have sent forward Paul Byron and defenseman Xavier Ouellet to the taxi squad, per CapFriendly. Despite clearing waivers twice, Byron has played in almost every game this season while Ouellet has played three games so far.
- The Toronto Maple Leafs sent forward Alex Galchenyuk and Michael Hutchinson to the taxi squad while recalling defenseman Timothy Liljegren to the active roster, per CapFriendly. Galchenyuk made his Toronto debut recently and has an assist in two games with the Maple Leafs.
- The Vancouver Canucks recalled defenseman Brogan Rafferty to the taxi squad, per CapFriendly. He was a high-scoring blueliner in the minors last season but has played just one game this year, recording an assist in January.
- The Minnesota Wild announced they have reassigned forward Joseph Cramarossa to the taxi squad. The 28-year-old got into his first NHL game since the 2016-17 season, getting 12:22 of ice time, but will have to wait for another chance to work his way back into the Wild’s lineup.
- The Arizona Coyotes announced five roster transactions. They have recalled forward Michael Chaput from the taxi squad while assigning forward Hudson Fasching and defenseman Jordan Gross to the taxi squad. The Coyotes also sent goaltender Ivan Prosvetov from the taxi squad to the Tucson Roadrunners of the AHL, while recalling goaltender David Tendeck to the taxi squad from Tucson.
- The Anaheim Ducks sent defenseman Andy Welinski to the taxi squad, per CapFriendly. Welinski has moved back and forth all season long and has played in just three NHL games so far this season.
- The Colorado Avalanche recalled recently-acquired goaltender Jonas Johansson to the active roster while sending Adam Werner to the taxi squad, per CapFriendly. With Werner going down, goalie Peyton Jones was then sent to the minors.
- The San Jose Sharks sent forwards John Leonard and Fredrik Handemark along with defenseman Fredrik Claesson to the taxi squad, per CapFriendly. To make room on the taxi squad, forward Zach Gallant was sent to the AHL.
- The St. Louis Blues sent forwards Nathan Walker, Jacob De La Rose, and Dakota Joshua to the taxi squad, per CapFriendly. De la Rose was recently activated off injured reserve.
- The Vegas Golden Knights have a long list of transactions today. Per CapFriendly, forwards Cody Glass and Patrick Brown plus defenseman Dylan Coghlan were recalled to the NHL roster with Brown being sent back to the taxi squad later in the day. Defensemen Jake Bischoff and Carl Dahlstrom were brought up to the taxi squad from AHL Henderson with forward Pavel Dorofeyev being sent back to Henderson.
This page will be updated throughout the day.