There has been plenty of roster movement between NHL teams and the taxi squad on a daily basis this season. Although some major names may be highlighted in separate articles, this is where you’ll find the majority of that shuffle news each day:
- The Nashville Predators continue to keep busy by making roster transactions in bunches on a regular basis. Today, the team has recalled forward Mathieu Olivier and defenseman Alexandre Carrier from the taxi squad while reassigning forward Michael McCarron to the squad. Additionally, forward Tanner Jeannot to the AHL’s Chicago Wolves. None of these players are any stranger to the shuffle this season.
- The Florida Panthers will inject some youth into their forward corps today, calling up top prospects Owen Tippett and Grigori Denisenko from the taxi squad. Defenseman Riley Stillman heads in the other direction.
- The Chicago Blackhawks have recalled Wyatt Kalynuk and Lucas Carlsson, after moving Dylan Strome to injured reserve with his concussion issue. Strome is on IR retroactive to Feb 19, meaning he can come back whenever healthy enough.
- Ty Dellandrea and Joel L’Esperance have been recalled from the taxi squad as the Dallas Stars prepare for action against Columbus tonight. Dellandrea, one of the Stars’ top prospects, has two points in 11 games.
- Don’t fret, Flyers fans. Another COVID outbreak is not imminent. After just two days on the league’s CPRA list, Philadelphia forward Joel Farabee will be removed today and will be in the lineup, the team announced. The Flyers have also recalled defenseman Nate Prosser from the taxi squad.
- As they prepare to take on the Flyers, the Pittsburgh Penguins are also adding healthy names to their lineup. The team announced (per Seth Rorabaugh) that defenseman Brian Dumoulin and forward Evan Rodrigues have been activated from the injured reserve. Additionally, forward Anthony Angello has been promoted from the taxi squad and defenseman Josh Maniscalco will replace him, called up from AHL Wilkes-Barre/Scranton. Colton Sceviour is expected to land on the COVID Protocol list and is unavailable today.
- The Rangers have recalled Ty Ronning and Adam Huska to the taxi squad, per the AHL’s transactions page. Both players have been moved back and forth a few times to keep in compliance with taxi squad roster rules but haven’t seen any NHL action.
- The Canadiens have recalled Cam Hillis to the taxi squad, per the AHL’s transactions page. The first-year pro has been recalled and sent down several times so far and has played just once this season with Laval.
- The Avalanche have recalled Travis Barron and Nick Henry from the taxi squad, per the AHL’s transactions page. Both wingers have been held without a point in four AHL games this season, suggesting their promotions are just to stay in compliance with the minimum taxi squad size. In addition, Jayson Megna was also recalled, going directly to Colorado’s roster.
- The Los Angeles Kings have shuffled up their taxi squad once more. According to the AHL’s transactions page, going to the AHL from the taxi squad are Tyler Madden, Sean Durzi, and Mikey Eyssimont while moving up to the taxi squad are Aidan Dudas, Markus Phillips, and Cole Hults. With Ontario in action today, the Kings had to decide which youngsters they wanted playing and which ones will get the day off.
- The Arizona Coyotes have recalled Frederik Gauthier from the taxi squad and he is expected to make his season debut. Michael Chaput has been moved back down to make room.
This post will be updated throughout the day.