Valentine’s Day yields a relatively light schedule in the NHL tonight with only four games on the docket but there should still be a lot of roster movement with a busy Saturday on the horizon. We’ll keep track on those moves here.
- The Blue Jackets announced that they have recalled winger Jakob Lilja from AHL Cleveland while returning center Liam Foudy to OHL London. The Knights are in action tonight and under CHL emergency recall rules, players can only be up with the NHL when their junior team isn’t action which warrants Foudy’s second return to them this week. Meanwhile, Lilja has been back and forth between the NHL and AHL in his rookie season. He has just four points in 27 games with Columbus but has been more productive with the Monsters with 13 points in 22 contests.
- After having a very limited role in recent weeks, the Senators announced (Twitter link) that they have sent center Filip Chlapik to AHL Belleville. The 22-year-old has played in 30 games with Ottawa this season but has averaged just 8:37 per night in largely a fourth line role. He has been more productive in the minors with 14 points in 24 contests while spending a lot of time in Belleville’s top six.
- The Lightning announced that they’ve returned winger Alexander Volkov to AHL Syracuse. The 22-year-old has gotten into nine games with Tampa Bay this season, recording one assist. The move suggests that one of their injured forwards – Nikita Kucherov, Steven Stamkos, and Anthony Cirelli – could be ready to return for Saturday’s game in Philadelphia.
- The Avalanche have recalled winger T.J. Tynan from the AHL’s Colorado Eagles, reports Ryan S. Clark of The Athletic (Twitter link). The 27-year-old leads the Eagles in scoring with 40 points (4-36-40) despite spending 14 games with the Avs earlier this season.
- Joey Keane’s strong start to his first professional season has earned him an NHL chance as the Rangers announced (Twitter link) that he has been recalled from AHL Hartford. The defenseman earned an All-Star nod and has been quite promising offensively with 28 points in 48 games with the Wolf Pack this season. This will be Keane’s first opportunity in the NHL.
- The Vegas Golden Knights have recalled Cody Glass and Nicolas Roy from the AHL, as Alex Tuch deals with an injury. Tuch had testing done on his leg today, but these recalls likely mean he’ll miss at least some action.
- Lawrence Pilut has been sent back to the minor leagues, with the Buffalo Sabres off until Sunday evening. With Zach Bogosian on waivers, Pilut may find himself back in the NHL before long.
- The Philadelphia Flyers have loaned Morgan Frost back to the AHL for the time being, as they prepare for tomorrow’s early game against the Tampa Bay Lightning. The Lightning have won nine in a row, meaning the Flyers have quite the task ahead of them.