Six games are on the schedule for this evening, including an interesting matchup between the division leading Boston Bruins and Edmonton Oilers. It will be a real test for the Oilers without Connor McDavid or Oscar Klefbom, against one of the true Stanley Cup contenders this season. As they and the rest of the league prepare, we’ll keep track of all the minor moves right here:
- The Pittsburgh Penguins have placed John Marino on injured reserve after his recent surgery, meaning they had a spot on the roster for another defenseman. Zach Trotman is that defenseman for now, after he was recalled today from the AHL.
- The San Jose Sharks have recalled Nicolas Meloche from the AHL to fill Brenden Dillon’s spot, after the veteran was traded yesterday. Meloche has yet to play an NHL game in his young career, but was the 40th overall selection in 2015.
- Christian Folin has been recalled by the Montreal Canadiens, after Victor Mete left last night’s game with an injury. Folin has played in seven games for the Canadiens this season, recording two points.
- The Philadelphia Flyers have recalled Mark Friedman from the minor leagues, giving them another defenseman for tomorrow’s road game in Columbus. Friedman has played five games for the Flyers this season.
- Glenn Gawdin has been returned to the AHL by the Calgary Flames, who only recalled him two days ago. The 22-year old forward is still waiting to get his first NHL game action.