We’re looking to add several part-time contributors to the PHR writing team to cover the following shifts:
- 8am – 9am CT Monday-Friday
- 8am – 3pm CT one day per week
- 3pm – 9pm CT Monday-Friday
There may also be some weekend availability. The positions pay on an hourly basis.
Applicants must meet ALL of the following criteria:
- Exceptional knowledge of all 31 NHL teams, with no discernible bias.
- Knowledge of the salary cap, CBA and transaction-related concepts.
- At least some college education.
- Extensive writing experience, with professional experience and a background in journalism both strongly preferred.
- Keen understanding of journalistic principles, ethics and procedures. Completion of basic college-level journalism classes is strongly preferred.
- Attention to detail — absolutely no spelling errors, especially for player and journalist names.
- Ability to follow the site’s style and tone.
- Ability to analyze articles and craft intelligent, well-written posts summing up the news in a few paragraphs. We need someone who can balance creating quick copy with thoughtful analysis. You must be able to add value to breaking news with your own insight, numbers or links to other relevant articles.
- Ability to use Twitter, Tweetdeck, and an RSS feed reader such as Feedly. In general, you must be able to multi-task.
- Flexibility. You must be available to work on short notice.
If you’re interested, email prohockeyrumorshelp@