Jack Hughes got his first NHL point and the New Jersey Devils recorded their first win of the season, topping the New York Rangers 5-2 to quiet their critics for the time being. The Minnesota Wild were not so lucky as they were dominated from start to finish by the Montreal Canadiens and now sit at 1-6 on the season. As teams prepare for tonight’s action which includes six matchups, we’ll be right here keeping track of all the minor moves.
- Nelson Nogier has been returned to the AHL by the Winnipeg Jets, in what is quickly becoming a pattern. Nogier has already been involved in five transactions this month between the two leagues and will likely bounce up and down for a good part of the season.
- The Philadelphia Flyers have assigned Connor Bunnaman to the minor leagues after he played four games with the team so far this season. Bunnaman was rewarded for a strong preseason but failed to register his first NHL point. The 21-year old fourth-round pick scored 19 goals and 32 points for the Lehigh Valley Phantoms last season and will continue his development as a legitimate NHL prospect this year.
- Curtis Lazar has been assigned to the AHL after being called up just a few days ago. Lazar hasn’t played in a single game with the Buffalo Sabres this season, but does have one point in three contests for the Rochester Americans.
- Now that Jacob Markstrom has returned to the Vancouver Canucks, the team has sent Zane McIntyre back to the AHL’s Utica Comets. Markstrom was away for a personal reason, giving Thatcher Demko the net for a short time.
- Danil Yurtaykin has been sent to the minor leagues by the San Jose Sharks, ending his short stint in the NHL after just four games. The 22-year old Russian winger needs some seasoning in the AHL before he returns.