As usual, Saturday is a busy day on the schedule with 22 teams in action so there will likely be considerable roster movement throughout the day. We’ll keep tabs on those moves here.
- The Devils announced (Twitter link) that they’ve recalled defenseman Eric Gryba from AHL Binghamton. To make room for him on the roster, they placed blueliner Sami Vatanen on injured reserve retroactive to Thursday. Gryba has been up and down so far this season; he made the team out of training camp but was waived in mid-October and this will be his second stint with New Jersey since clearing.
- With their goaltending depth quickly getting depleted with their top three options injured or sick, the Kings have inked veteran Michael Leighton to a minor league PTO per a team release from their AHL affiliate in Ontario. The 37-year-old has yet to play this season and spent time in three different organizations in 2017-18. CapFriendly adds via Twitter that Cole Kehler, who was brought up on an emergency recall on Friday, has been sent back to Ontario.
- The Coyotes announced that they’ve recalled center Mario Kempe from AHL Tucson. The 30-year-old has been quite productive in the minors with nine points in eight games while he has also seen action in four games with Arizona this season where he has been held off the scoresheet. To make room for him on the roster, Jason Demers was transferred to injured reserve.
- The Sharks have recalled center Dylan Gambrell from the minors and assigned center Rourke Chartier to San Jose of the AHL, per the AHL’s Transactions Page. Chartier has just a single goal in 13 games with the Sharks this season so he’ll go down with the hopes that some more ice time at the lower level will help him rediscover his scoring touch. Meanwhile, Gambrell has been productive in his limited time with the Barracuda, recording six points in seven games. He also has one game with the big club where he failed to record a point.
- Dallas announced that they have brought up defenseman Ben Gleason and center Roope Hintz from Texas of the AHL. Hintz leads their affiliate in points per game (1.22) and has seen action in five games with the big club this season although he has been held without a point. Meanwhile, Gleason made his NHL debut last weekend but was returned to Texas on Tuesday. He has fared quite well at the minor league level in his rookie campaign, collecting eight points in 13 games.
- With their road trip now complete, the Maple Leafs have returned winger Trevor Moore to the AHL’s Marlies. Moore has been up twice with the NHL team so far this season but has yet to play in a game. He has been quite productive in the minors though, collecting a dozen points (including nine goals) in as many games to start his season.
- The Penguins announced that they’ve re-assigned winger Garrett Wilson back to Wilkes-Barre/Scranton of the AHL. The move was made to free up a roster spot for center Derick Brassard as he was activated off injured reserve. Wilson played in four games with Pittsburgh, his first NHL action since the 2015-16 season with Florida.