It’s trade deadline week folks, and the NHL is abuzz with rumors and transactions. Last night we saw two huge deals go down, and today there may be more. For now, we’ll keep an eye on all the minor transactions around the league.
- The Tampa Bay Lightning have recalled Adam Erne and Yanni Gourde from the AHL. The pair of forwards have each played in a handful of games for the NHL squad this season, though neither has made a huge impact. It’s an odd move for the Lightning, who didn’t have any absences from practice yesterday according to Bryan Burns of the team site.
- The New Jersey Devils have recalled Blake Coleman from Albany to replace the injured Pavel Zacha, who they have shifted to injured reserve. The move is retroactive to February 21st, but Zacha isn’t expected to play this week as he recovers from a concussion.
- The Detroit Red Wings have brought Drew Miller and Jared Coreau back up from this minors, to help on their five-game road trip that begins tomorrow night in Vancouver. The team won’t return home until March 10th.
- According to Ken Wiebe of the Winnipeg Sun, the Jets have brought Julian Melchiori back up from the AHL. The defenseman was sent down just five days ago and cleared waivers less than a month ago.
- The Blackhawks have assigned Lars Johansson to the Rockford IceHogs. Johansson came to the NHL to back up Scott Darling last night against the St. Louis Blues, but will head back to the AHL today.