There are just four games on the schedule for this evening but all eyes will likely be on the matchup in Edmonton. The Oilers will welcome the Colorado Avalanche in a battle between two of the most impressive offensive units in the NHL, and two of the playoff teams in the Western Conference. The Avalanche have actually lost two straight, which still leaves them at 8-2 in their last ten, while the Oilers are now 8-1-1 as they try to establish themselves as a true Stanley Cup contender. As they and others prepare for action, we’ll keep track of all the minor league shuffling.
- The Detroit Red Wings have assigned Chase Pearson to the AHL once again, his fourth transaction in just the last week. The 24-year-old forward has played in three games at the NHL level this season and is still looking for his first point.
- Rafael Harvey-Pinard has been returned to the AHL by the Montreal Canadiens, after playing just over 11 minutes in the game last night. The 23-year-old forward has now seen action in four NHL games and has one goal to his name.
- The Boston Bruins have returned forward Jack Studnicka to the AHL’s Providence Bruins. Studnicka, 23, has been one of the team’s top prospects in recent seasons and has gotten into 14 games for the big club so far in 2021-22. He has three points in those 14 games this year and has 33 points in 37 games this season in Providence.
- The Philadelphia Flyers have sent goaltender Felix Sandstrom down to the AHL’s Lehigh Valley Phantoms. Sandstrom, 25, was a third-round pick in 2015 and has gotten into 42 games for the Phantoms this season, where he has posted a .901 save percentage. Sandstrom has also gotten into 3 games for the Flyers this season and has a .915 at the NHL level.
- The New Jersey Devils have announced that they have recalled forward Nolan Foote from the AHL’s Utica Comets. Foote, 21, was a 2019 first-round pick of the Tampa Bay Lightning, and he arrived in New Jersey as part of the Blake Coleman trade in 2020. Foote has been good in the AHL this year, with 14 goals and 32 points in 55 games, but has been held off the scoresheet in his two NHL games this season.
- Dylan Samberg isn’t going anywhere as the Winnipeg Jets have converted his emergency recall into a regular one. Samberg has now played in 11 games this season–his first at the NHL level–and already has four points. The 23-year-old defenseman was a second-round pick in 2017 and appears to be a likely part of the team’s blueline moving forward.
- Mitchell Chaffee has been returned to the AHL by the Minnesota Wild, after making his NHL debut a few days ago. The 24-year-old forward was filling in while Marcus Foligno dealt with a positive COVID-19 test, but it appears as though he’ll now head back to the AHL.
- The Arizona Coyotes have recalled Bokondji Imama from the AHL, meaning he could make his NHL debut down the stretch. The 25-year-old forward has 12 points and 178 penalty minutes for the Tucson Roadrunners this season.
- The Vegas Golden Knights have assigned forward Jake Leschyshyn to the Henderson Silver Knights. Leschyshyn, 23, was the 62nd overall pick in the 2017 draft and has played in a hefty chunk of games for Vegas this season. He has six points in 41 games at the NHL level this year and 26 points in 32 games for the Silver Knights.
This page is updated throughout the day