Five games grace the NHL schedule this evening, including a classic matchup between the Colorado Avalanche and Detroit Red Wings. While the rivalry isn’t exactly what it used to be, there’s still a lot of importance for both clubs. The Avalanche are trying to get back in the win column after a disappointing loss to Boston on Monday, and they’ll have to do it without the services of Nathan MacKinnon, who is out with a minor injury. Detroit meanwhile will test their young talent against one of the best teams in the league; Moritz Seider has averaged more than 25 minutes of ice time over his last four games, recording six points in the process. As they and others prepare for action, we’ll keep track of all the minor league shuffling.
- The Ottawa Senators have re-assigned Filip Gustavsson to the minor leagues, suggesting that Matt Murray will be rejoining the club soon after his wife gave birth this week. The team won again yesterday, with Anton Forsberg making 40 saves on 43 shots against the Minnesota Wild. Later in the day, the team also re-assigned Mark Kastelic to the AHL.
- The Detroit Red Wings have recalled Joe Veleno from the AHL while also activating Carter Rowney. Veleno got into a couple of games with the Grand Rapids Griffins over the weekend, recording three points.
- David Alter of The Leafs Nation points out on Twitter that on the Toronto Maple Leafs roster page, Jake Muzzin is now listed on injured reserve, while Brennan Menell and Kristians Rubins have been recalled. Rasmus Sandin is also no longer on the roster–likely signaling that the team is getting as close as the salary cap ceiling as possible before moving Muzzin to long-term injured reserve, in order to receive the maximum salary cap relief.
- The Pittsburgh Penguins have recalled Kasper Bjorkqvist from the AHL, though he skated as an extra at practice. The 24-year-old forward has six points in 33 games for the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins this season and one goal in six matches with Pittsburgh.
- The Columbus Blue Jackets have activated Emil Bemstrom off the COVID-19 protocol list and leaned him back to the Cleveland Monsters. Bemstrom, 22, has four points in 13 games this season for the Blue Jackets in what has become a nightmare year. The fourth-round pick has just 16 games played between both levels to this point.
- The Carolina Hurricanes have recalled Jalen Chatfield from the minor leagues, after injuries to both Brendan Smith and Tony DeAngelo recently. Chatfield signed a two-year extension with the Hurricanes last month for exactly this reason, serving as strong injury insurance for Carolina.
- The Chicago Blackhawks have activated Kevin Lankinen from injured reserve, meaning Arvid Soderblom is on his way back to the minor leagues. Soderblom, 22, has played in three games with the Blackhawks but is still looking for his first win at the NHL level.
- The Minnesota Wild have recalled Mason Shaw, as Michael Russo of The Athletic notes that Jordan Greenway is still doubtful to play tomorrow. Shaw, 23, has played in just two games for Minnesota this season but has 33 points in 41 games at the minor league level.
This page will be updated throughout the day