The NHL schedule is filled with eight games this evening, including the Florida Panthers trying to keep up their incredible goal-scoring pace against the Vancouver Canucks. After last night’s 6-0 debacle in Edmonton, the Panthers have scored at least five goals in eight of their last ten games, averaging 5.7 over that stretch. As they and others prepare for tonight’s action, we’ll keep track of all the minor league and taxi squad shuffling.
- The Buffalo Sabres have assigned Brett Murray to the taxi squad, meaning he won’t be available to the Rochester Americans this evening after all. Unfortunately, it’s because top prospect Jack Quinn suffered a lower-body injury in last night’s game and is undergoing an MRI today. Bill Hoppe of Buffalo Hockey Beat reports that GM Kevyn Adams expects Quinn to miss some time.
- The Toronto Maple Leafs have recalled Joey Anderson and Carl Dahlstrom to the taxi squad, suggesting that there could be another change coming on the back end. The team is without Jake Muzzin and Justin Holl at the moment and face the New York Islanders tomorrow night. Alex Biega, playing for Holl, saw just 12 minutes of ice time in the team’s last game.
- The Detroit Red Wings have recalled Calvin Pickard to the taxi squad, giving them another goaltender as they prepare for the Dallas Stars tonight. Detroit will be hitting the road after the game to play again tomorrow night in Nashville.
- The Washington Capitals have returned Axel Jonsson-Fjallby to the Hershey Bears of the AHL, after playing just eight minutes last night. The 23-year-old has one point in nine games this season, his first in the NHL.
- The Chicago Blackhawks have removed both Kirby Dach and Brett Connolly from the COVID protocol, while recalling Mike Hardman from the AHL. To make room, Cale Morris has been sent to the AHL. Hardman, 22, has drawn the ire of some fans this season after failing to score a single goal in 20 appearances with the Blackhawks but remains an option for the bottom-six.
- The Dallas Stars have sent Thomas Harley, Ty Dellandrea, and Rhett Gardner to the AHL, where they’ll join the Texas Stars ahead of tonight’s game against the Rockford IceHogs. Harley, a top prospect for Dallas, has played in eight games for the NHL squad this season.
- Calen Addison, Matt Boldy, Connor Dewar, and Andrew Hammond have all been recalled from the taxi squad ahead of the Minnesota Wild game against the Chicago Blackhawks this evening. Boldy, 20, has four points in four games for the Wild so far this season.
- The Nashville Predators have reassigned Matt Tennyson to the taxi squad, as they take a day off from a busy schedule. The Predators will be back in action tomorrow, meaning Tennyson could be back.
- The Los Angeles Kings have loaned Jacob Moverare to the AHL and sent Samuel Fagemo, and Alex Turcotte to the taxi squad. Christian Wolanin, Austin Strand, and Matt Villalta have also all been assigned to the taxi squad. The Kings continue to make off-day moves in order to save money and cap space; recalls should be expected before Sunday’s game in New Jersey.
- With J.T. Miller and Thatcher Demko entering the COVID protocol yesterday, the Vancouver Canucks have recalled Sheldon Dries, Justin Bailey, and Michael DiPietro from the taxi squad. Guillaume Brisebois has been moved to long-term injured in the meantime.
This page will be updated throughout the day