Eight games grace the NHL schedule this evening, as things start to get back to normal across the league. The Calgary Flames will face a shorthanded Florida Panthers team, while the defending champions try to get back in the win column against a Zach Werenski-less Blue Jackets’ squad. As those teams and others prepare for action, we’ll keep track of all the minor league and taxi squad shuffling.
- With Nikita Kucherov approaching a return, the Tampa Bay Lightning have sent Gabriel Fortier back to the AHL. Fortier, 21, has one goal in ten games for the Lightning this season, his first in the NHL.
- The Florida Panthers have assigned Aleksi Heponiemi to the taxi squad, as they prepare for action without the likes of Sam Bennett, Sam Reinhart, or Mason Marchment. Heponiemi, 22, has played two games for Florida this season.
- Tarmo Reunanen has been recalled to the New York Rangers taxi squad. The team has also moved Matthew Robertson back to the AHL, without the young defenseman actually appearing in the NHL. Robertson, 20, has five points in 23 games for the Hartford Wolf Pack in his first year of professional hockey.
- The Washington Capitals have recalled Aliaksei Protas from the AHL, while sending Lucas Johansen, Michael Sgarbossa, Pheonix Copley, and Alexander Alexeyev to the minor leagues. Protas has been a nice find for the Capitals so far, registering six points in 22 games just two years after dropping to the third round of the draft.
- With Claude Giroux and Ivan Provorov entering COVID protocol today, the Philadelphia Flyers recalled forwards Gerald Mayhew and Max Willman as well as defenseman Cam York to the active roster from the taxi squad.
- Arizona Coyotes forward Matias Maccelli is back with the AHL’s Tucson Roadrunners, per the team. He didn’t get into a game during his call-up, and he’s still looking for his first NHL action, but he’s impressed with 21 points through 21 games in Tucson this year.
- The Dallas Stars have reassigned Ty Dellandrea, Rhett Gardner, Riley Tufte, and Adam Scheel from the taxi squad to the Texas Stars, giving them some extra bodies for their games this weekend.
- The Los Angeles Kings have reassigned Martin Frk and Jacob Moverare from the AHL to the taxi squad. Moverare, despite still waiting for his first NHL opportunity, has been involved in ten transactions since the middle of December, bouncing up and down on a near-daily basis.
- The Seattle Kraken reassigned forward Kole Lind and goalie Joey Daccord to the AHL’s Charlotte Checkers today, according to a team tweet. The two have combined to play seven games at the NHL level this season.
This page will be updated throughout the day