Six games are on the schedule this evening, including new coaches leading benches in Philadelphia and Vancouver. Mike Yeo will coach his first game as Flyers interim head coach this evening against the Colorado Avalanche, while Bruce Boudreau takes over the Canucks bench against the Los Angeles Kings. As those teams and others prepare for action, we’ll keep track of all the minor league shuffling:
- The Florida Panthers have recalled Olli Juolevi from the AHL, after the young defenseman went down on a conditioning loan earlier this month. Juolevi hasn’t played in the NHL yet this season.
- Jack Ahcan and John Moore have been recalled by the Boston Bruins, who are dealing with several non-COVID illnesses in their group. Moore, who has more than 500 games of NHL experience, has played just 31 games with the Bruins since the start of the 2019-20 season. Oskar Steen has been sent back down to Providence to make room.
- The Buffalo Sabres have brought Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen back up, following Malcolm Subban’s injury the other night. The team is hopeful that Subban’s injury isn’t significant and according to John Vogl of The Athletic, the team is using one of the two goaltender exemptions they’re allowed this season to bring Luukkonen up. That would allow them to carry 24 players on the roster for a short period of time (48 hours).
- Perhaps Yeo prefers Max Willman to Connor Bunnaman, because the Flyers have swapped the two today. Willman has been recalled to the NHL roster, while Bunnaman is on his way back to the AHL.
- The Nashville Predators have recalled Ben Harpur and Matt Luff from the AHL, giving them a pair of new bodies as they hit the road for a four-game trip. Harpur is coming off a conditioning loan, as he’s played just four games for the Predators this season.
- The Vancouver Canucks, now led by interim GM Stan Smyl, have recalled Travis Hamonic from the AHL. Hamonic hasn’t played since November 21 as he missed the team’s last road trip due to vaccination status and then curiously was not recalled for Saturday’s home game. The team has previously announced that by the next time they go on the road, Hamonic will be able to travel with the team.
This page will be updated throughout the day