There are five games on the schedule around the NHL tonight, including the Edmonton Oilers traveling to face the Seattle Kraken. Connor McDavid and Leon Draisaitl are still battling away for the league scoring crown, with 40 and 41 points respectively on the year. The pair will try to one-up each other again this evening as they go against the team with the worst save percentage in the league (.874). As the Oilers and other teams prepare for tonight’s action, we’ll keep track of all the minor league shuffling.
- Jeff Petry will not be traveling with the Montreal Canadiens as he deals with an upper-body injury, which means Corey Schueneman has been recalled from the Laval Rocket. The 26-year-old Schueneman has played 18 games in the AHL this season and has seven points. A great story of perseverance, the former Western Michigan star signed a one-year NHL contract with the Canadiens in April. The AHL transactions page also has Laurent Dauphin coming up for the Canadiens ahead of their trip to Nashville.
- The Toronto Maple Leafs have officially sent Petr Mrazek to the AHL on a conditioning stint, the last step before he returns to NHL action. The netminder has played just five periods so far this season for the Maple Leafs, allowing seven goals on 57 shots.
- The Florida Panthers have loaned Olli Juolevi to the AHL on a conditioning stint, given he’s played in just a single game at any level this season. The 23-year-old was acquired from the Vancouver Canucks earlier this. year but has yet to make his Panthers debut.
- The Buffalo Sabres have sent Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen back to the minor leagues now that Malcolm Subban has arrived. Luukkonen can continue to develop in the minor leagues while Subban, Aaron Dell and the injured Craig Anderson hold down the fort for the Sabres.
- The Philadelphia Flyers have recalled Max Willman and Connor Bunnaman under emergency conditions, with Joel Farabee absent from practice today. It’s not clear yet why Farabee is missing, but the team will have a couple of extra bodies in case he’s unavailable for Sunday’s game.
- The Arizona Coyotes have recalled Hudson Fasching, just a few days after sending him down. The 26-year-old is probably used to that by now, having bounced up and down from the AHL throughout his professional career. In parts of seven seasons, he’s played just 34 games at the NHL level.
- Calen Addison has been swapped for Kevin Czuczman on the Minnesota Wild roster, per the team. The move is an effort to get Addison some more playing time with Iowa, where he has six assists in 10 games.
- With Bowen Byram sitting out due to concussion symptoms, the Colorado Avalanche had no healthy extra skaters left. That’s changed, as the team’s recalled Jacob MacDonald from the Colorado Eagles. He has no points in three NHL games this season.
- Travis Hamonic was recalled by the Vancouver Canucks, now that they’re at home for tomorrow night’s game. Hamonic is reportedly fully vaccinated now and will be able to travel with the team on their next road trip. However, the team sent Hamonic back to AHL Abbotsford later in the day so he may not travel with them just yet.
- Per a team tweet, the Los Angeles Kings activated forward Akil Thomas from season-opening injured reserve and have assigned him to the Ontario Reign. The 21-year-old Thomas had 26 points in 40 games there last season.
This page will be updated throughout the day