It’s a lighter Saturday than usual around the league following a busy Friday but there are still 18 teams in action today which should result in some roster moves throughout the day. We’ll keep track of those here.
- Parker Kelly is on his way back to the minors as the team announced (Twitter link) that the 22-year-old has been sent back to AHL Belleville. Kelly – who signed a two-year extension last month – has been up and down this season, getting into 11 games with Ottawa plus five more in the AHL.
- The Panthers have brought up forward Aleksi Heponiemi from AHL Charlotte, per the AHL’s transactions log. The 22-year-old is off to a decent start to his season with 11 points in 17 games with the Checkers. Heponiemi played in nine games with Florida last season, collecting a goal and an assist while logging just over 12 minutes a game. WPLG’s David Dwork notes that Aleksander Barkov was transferred to IR to open a spot for Heponiemi’s recall.
- The Lightning have activated center Odeen Tufto from season-opening IR and assigned him to AHL Syracuse, per the AHL’s transactions log. The 24-year-old finished second in NCAA scoring last season with 47 points in 29 games with Quinnipiac and got into his first four professional games late last season.
- The Devils announced (Twitter link) that they have assigned winger Fabian Zetterlund back to AHL Utica. The 22-year-old made his NHL debut last week and has played in three games in New Jersey but logged just 4:49 on Wednesday. With Nathan Bastian returning after being claimed on waivers, Zetterlund can return to the Comets where he was off to a nice start offensively with nine points in his first ten games.
- Forward Max Willman is back up with the Philadelphia Flyers, per a team tweet. Willman was added to the active roster in place of the injured Patrick Brown, who was moved to injured reserve today. Willman is pointless in his first six NHL games.
- The Golden Knights announced (Twitter link) that they’ve returned winger Jake Leschyshyn to Henderson of the AHL. Leschyshyn has largely been a regular for Vegas this season, suiting up in 18 games while picking up a goal and three assists. The move brings them down to just 11 forwards on their active roster which suggests they will soon be getting someone back.
- The Kraken have recalled center Riley Sheahan from Charlotte of the AHL, per the AHL’s transactions log. The 29-year-old cleared waivers earlier this month after recording just three points in 14 games with Seattle and got into four games with the Checkers where he picked up a goal and an assist. He’ll take the place of defenseman Mark Giordano on the active roster after he was placed in COVID protocol on Friday.
- The Ducks have returned centers Benoit-Olivier Groulx and Vinni Lettieri to San Diego of the AHL, per a team release. Groulx has seen regular minutes with Anaheim, playing in 16 games in his rookie season although he only has three points to show for it. Meanwhile, Lettieri has suited up three times with the Ducks, collecting a goal and an assist.
This post will be updated throughout the day.