With nothing happening tomorrow because of the U.S. Thanksgiving holiday, the schedule is packed full of action tonight across the NHL. Twenty-eight of the 32 will be in action, including as of now, the New York Islanders who are still dealing with a serious COVID outbreak. As they and others prepare, we’ll keep track of all the minor league shuffling.
- After moving Troy Stecher to injured reserve, the Detroit Red Wings have recalled Dan Renouf from the minor leagues to take his place. Stecher is expected to be out through the Olympic break, meaning there will be quite an opportunity for someone like Renouf to earn some NHL action.
- The Tampa Bay Lightning have reassigned Fredrik Claesson to the AHL, after he played a few games with the club. Claesson failed to score a point in three appearances, though he averaged fewer than 11 minutes of ice time.
- The Washington Capitals have recalled Beck Malenstyn and Michael Sgarbossa from the minor leagues, after clearing some room on the roster yesterday. Sgarbossa especially is off to a nice start to the season with 14 points in 15 games with the Hershey Bears.
- Elliotte Friedman of Sportsnet reports that Morgan Frost is expected to join the Philadelphia Flyers in Florida, where they face the Panthers tonight. Frost has 15 points in 16 games for the Lehigh Valley Phantoms this year, after failing to make the Flyers out of camp.
- With the New York Islanders still missing a huge number of regulars, Otto Koivula has been recalled from the AHL. To make room for him under the cap ceiling, Ryan Pulock has been moved to long-term injured reserve.
- The Nashville Predators have sent Michael McCarron to the AHL, along with Ben Harpur who is going down on a conditioning loan. The pair will likely be in the Milwaukee Admirals lineup for their game against Grand Rapids tonight.
- The Calgary Flames have returned Walker Duehr to the minor leagues, ten days after he made his NHL debut. It was actually the young forward’s 24th birthday yesterday, but as a present, he’ll have to report back to the Stockton Heat and continue his season in the AHL.
This page will be updated throughout the day