There has been plenty of roster movement between NHL teams and the taxi squad on a daily basis this season. Although some major names may be highlighted in separate articles, this is where you’ll find the majority of that shuffle news each day:
- The San Jose Sharks have sent Tristen Robins back to the taxi squad, per CapFriendly. In a corresponding move, Jacob Middleton was sent back to the minors. Robins, a 2020 second-round pick, spent the season with Saskatoon of the WHL.
- The Toronto Maple Leafs have cleared some taxi squad room, sending Timothy Liljegren, Stefan Noesen and Michael Hutchinson to the AHL. The team also recalled Mac Hollowell to the taxi squad, giving them three players on it before activating any injured names.
- The Ottawa Senators have reassigned Cody Goloubef and Vitaly Abramov to the AHL, while recalling Logan Brown to the taxi squad. Brown, 23, has played just 23 NHL games since being the 11th overall pick in 2016 and is scheduled to become a restricted free agent this summer.
- The Winnipeg Jets have sent Eric Comrie and Mikhail Berdin to the minors, per CapFriendly. The assignments give them a chance to play in Manitoba’s final three games before they are recalled for the NHL playoffs.
- The Carolina Hurricanes have made a pair of moves involving defenseman, per CapFriendly. Joey Keane has been sent back to the minors after making his NHL debut on Monday while Roland McKeown was recalled from the taxi squad.
- With their season over, the Chicago Blackhawks have sent down John Quenneville, Chad Krys, Evan Barratt, and Cam Morrison from the taxi squad to AHL Rockford, per CapFriendly. Of the four, only Quenneville has seen NHL action and his 42 games all game before this season.
- The Tampa Bay Lightning have recalled Christopher Gibson and Ben Thomas from the taxi squad, per CapFriendly. The moves give them some extra depth as ’Black Aces’ for the playoffs.
- The Washington Capitals have recalled Philippe Maillet from the taxi squad, suggesting he’ll get into his second career game this evening. The Capitals assigned Garrett Pilon to the taxi squad.
- With the Boston Bruins giving basically half of their team the night off, they’ve brought up Jack Studnicka, Jack Ahcan, Greg McKegg, Urho Vaakanainen, Dan Vladar, Cameron Hughes, Oskar Steen, and Zach Senyshyn from the taxi squad, per CapFriendly.
- With their season over, the New York Islanders made their final recalls. Per CapFriendly, they’ve recalled Kieffer Bellows, Austin Czarnik, and Thomas Hickey from the taxi squad while promoting Ken Appleby, Cole Bardreau, Dmytro Timashov, Samuel Bolduc, Anatoly Golyshev, Simon Holmstrom, Grant Hutton, Otto Koivula, and Bode Wilde from the AHL.
- The Philadelphia Flyers have sent Cam York, Felix Sandstrom, and Wade Allison back to the AHL, per CapFriendly. Lehigh Valley has three games left in their season so these moves give the three a chance to get a few more games in before calling it a season.
This page will be updated throughout the day.