There has been plenty of roster movement between NHL teams and the taxi squad on a daily basis this season. Although some major names may be highlighted in separate articles, this is where you’ll find the majority of that shuffle news each day:
- The St. Louis Blues have recalled Dakota Joshua from the Utica Comets, placing him on the taxi squad. The 24-year-old forward has played in 11 games for the Blues this season, scoring his first NHL goal in the process.
- The Los Angeles Kings have added Troy Grosenick to the active roster, while bringing Matt Villalta up to the taxi squad. Jonathan Quick missed practice today and is listed as day-to-day, so all the other goalies in the organization got a bump.
- The Arizona Coyotes have recalled Victor Soderstrom from the taxi squad, sending Frederik Gauthier back to the AHL. Craig Morgan of AZ Coyotes Insider reports that Soderstrom isn’t actually going to be in the lineup tonight, but could play this weekend in San Jose should the Blues clinch the final playoff spot.
- The Ottawa Senators have recalled Olle Alsing from the taxi squad, bringing up Jonathan Aspirot to take his spot. Alsing, 25, is expected to make his NHL debut after splitting this season between Austria and the AHL. Aspirot meanwhile will join the taxi squad after recording nine points in 22 games this season with the Belleville Senators.
- The Winnipeg Jets have recalled top defensive prospect Ville Heinola from the taxi squad, backfilling with Joona Luoto from the AHL. Heinola has only played two games at the NHL level this season but could be a major factor in the playoffs for the Jets if they decide he’s worked his way into the regular lineup.
- The Carolina Hurricanes have recalled Roland McKeown to the taxi squad, all the way from Sweden where his SHL season has ended. The 25-year-old defenseman will join the team once his requisite quarantine is over. McKeown hasn’t seen the NHL since the 2017-18 season, despite. posting strong offensive numbers at the AHL level.
- The New Jersey Devils have recalled Nolan Foote from the AHL to the taxi squad, while sending Evan Cormier and A.J. Greer back down. The Devils have just three games left in the season.
- The Washington Capitals have recalled Daniel Carr from the taxi squad with both Evgeny Kuznetsov and Alex Ovechkin unavailable. Zach Fucale is also on his way up to the taxi squad as Ilya Samsonov remains out for Washington.
This page will be updated throughout the day