Like many other small businesses, the last year has been especially difficult for the Trade Rumors family. At the start of 2020, we were looking to hire several new writers as we expanded coverage and ramped up some new features. When the sports world came to a sudden halt, so did our search. Now, as things start to get back to some level of normalcy, we’re going to once again make a call for new writers.
PHR is looking to add multiple part-time contributors with strong evening and weekend availability. There also may be an opportunity for some daytime shifts. The position pays on an hourly basis.
Applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
- Exceptional knowledge of all 32 NHL teams, with no discernible bias.
- Knowledge of the salary cap, CBA, and transaction-related concepts.
- At least some college education.
- Extensive writing experience, with professional experience and a background in journalism both strongly preferred.
- Keen understanding of journalistic principles, ethics, and procedures. Completion of basic college-level journalism classes is strongly preferred.
- Attention to detail — absolutely no spelling errors, especially for player and journalist names.
- Ability to follow the site’s style and tone.
- Ability to analyze articles and craft intelligent, well-written posts summing up the news in a few paragraphs. We need someone who can balance creating quick copy with thoughtful analysis. You must be able to add value to breaking news with your own insight, numbers, or links to other relevant articles.
- Ability to use Twitter, Tweetdeck, and an RSS feed reader such as Feedly. In general, you must be able to multi-task.
- Flexibility. You must be available to work on short notice.
If you’re interested, email prohockeyrumorshelp@
We understand that many of those who read this have applied in the past. If you have previously submitted an application for PHR and are still interested, please submit it again. Many will apply, so unfortunately we cannot respond to every applicant.