There has been plenty of roster movement between NHL teams and the taxi squad on a daily basis this season. Although some major names may be highlighted in separate articles, this is where you’ll find the majority of that shuffle news each day:
- The Pittsburgh Penguins added to their roster as they announced they have recalled forward Anthony Angello from the taxi squad. The 25-year-old has two goals and four points in 19 games but hasn’t appeared in a game for the Penguins in more than two weeks. The Penguins have also activated defenseman Mark Friedman off of injured reserve. He has not played in a game since March 4 as he has been recovering from an upper-body injury. UPDATE: The Penguins announced that Angello has been re-assigned to the taxi squad after their game against the Buffalo Sabres Sunday.
- The Buffalo Sabres announced they have recalled defenseman Mattias Samuelsson from the Rochester Americans of the AHL. The team has also assigned forward Steven Fogarty to the taxi squad, while C.J. Smith has been assigned to Rochester. Samuelsson, the team’s 32nd overall pick in 2018, will make his NHL debut Sunday.
- The New Jersey Devils have recalled top prospect Nolan Foote with the intention of having him make his NHL debut Sunday, according to NHL.com’s Amanda Stein. Foote, acquired in the Blake Coleman trade last season, has six goals and 16 points in 20 games with Binghamton of the AHL this season. The team has also returned Ben Street to the taxi squad, according to the AHL Transactions page.
- The Ottawa Senators made some roster moves as the team announced they have assigned forward Jack Kopacka from the taxi squad to the Belleville Senators. The team has also sent Vitaly Abramov and Cody Goloubef from the taxi squad to Belleville of the AHL.
- The Calgary Flames have made a few roster moves, according to the AHL Transaction page. The team has recalled center Dominik Simon from the taxi squad while assigning forward Justin Kirkland from the taxi squad to the Stockton Heat.
- Sportsnet’s Mark Spector reports that the Edmonton Oilers have recalled center Ryan McLeod from the Bakersfield Condors to the team’s taxi squad, suggesting the Oilers might be ready to promote the young center to the NHL squad soon. McLeod has had a breakout season this year with 14 goals and 28 points in 28 games.
- The Los Angeles Kings have recalled forward Tyler Madden from Ontario of the AHL while sending defenseman Cole Hults down, per the AHL’s transactions page. Madden has a goal and three assists in 12 games with the Reign in his first professional campaign while Hults, who is also in his rookie pro year, has a goal and four assists in 19 games.
This page will be updated throughout the day.