There has been plenty of roster movement between NHL teams and the taxi squad on a daily basis this season. Although some major names may be highlighted in separate articles, this is where you’ll find the majority of that shuffle news each day:
- The Blue Jackets have shuffled up their taxi squad, per a team release. Scott Harrington, Kole Sherwood, and Zac Dalpe have all been recalled to the active roster while Columbus has promoted Gavin Bayreuther and Andrew Peeke to the taxi squad.
- The Hurricanes have recalled Spencer Smallman to the taxi squad from AHL Chicago, per the AHL’s transactions log. The 24-year-old has played in three AHL games this season plus eight more with ECHL Fort Wayne.
- The Panthers made a few moves before their game against Dallas this afternoon. George Richards of Florida Hockey Now reports that Kevin Connauton was recalled to Florida’s active roster with Brady Keeper and Spencer Knight being sent to the taxi squad.
- As expected, Alex Formenton is back up with Ottawa as the Senators announced that they’ve recalled him from the taxi squad. The winger has two goals in seven games since being recalled in late March.
- The Montreal Canadiens have recalled Lukas Vejdemo to the taxi squad, per the AHL’s transactions log. Vejdemo is currently injured but his recall was needed to keep the taxi squad at the minimum of four players with Cayden Primeau, Jake Evans, and Otto Leskinen expected to be recalled for their game against Winnipeg.
- The Maple Leafs have recalled Michael Hutchinson from the taxi squad and Martin Marincin from AHL Toronto, per CapFriendly. Hutchinson will continue to serve as the backup goalie with Frederik Andersen retroactively placed on LTIR while Marincin gives them an extra blueliner to carry on the active roster. With the team in LTIR, they can afford to carry reserves instead of a minimum-sized group.
- The Sabres announced that they have recalled Jean-Sebastien Dea to the taxi squad from AHL Rochester while assigning Steven Fogarty to the Americans. Dea has played just once so far with Buffalo while Fogarty has suited up in eight games, notching a goal and two assists.
- The Devils have shuffled up their taxi squad, sending Ben Street to AHL Binghamton while promoting Marian Studenic, per the AHL’s transactions log. Studenic has seven points in 19 minor league games so far this season.
This page will be updated throughout the day.